NTM- this may be a stupid question, but

So I bought NTM the other day and tried it out last night and you guys are right that stuff is REALLY good. It felt great when I put it on and when I went to bed.

However this morning I did not put it on a again and now by 5pm today my hair looks so dry, like all I did is run water over my hair last night.

Is this alright? I understand the whole moisturizing twice a day and I'm willing to do that, but is the NTM really that helpful if it dries out that quick? Or maybe my hair is just so dry that it soaked it up or maybe my hair is pourous?

Sorry if this seems really obvious but would like to know.

Thanks ladies..

I assume you are talking about the leave-in?

I think I am the only person that does not like it. I have an entire bottle that I want to toss because it just did nothing for me.

But, for me it actually felt like I had too much product on my hair.

But I LUVS the Daily Deep Conditioner!!! They really need to make bigger bottles!!

HoneyDew said:

I think I am the only person that does not like it. I have an entire bottle that I want to toss because it just did nothing for me.

But I LUVS the Daily Deep Conditioner!!! They really need to make bigger bottles!!

Count me in! I dont know when I will learn not to jump onto every bandwagon. Within minutes NTM silk touch leave in leaves my hair with an ashy/white coloured build up and a really dry straw like feeling.
That little bottle isnt that cheap so Im going to find ways to use it up.

HoneyDew said:

Of course everything isn't for everyone..but I will most definately take that bottle off your hands if you don't want it anymore:-)))

Yes I only used it last night and that was the first time but already I feel like there is some product build up so I'm not sure how people use this morning and night.

Do you guys put it on wet or dry hair?

jackie1277 said:
Yes I only used it last night and that was the first time but already I feel like there is some product build up so I'm not sure how people use this morning and night.

Do you guys put it on wet or dry hair?

When I first used it as a regular leave in on wet hair, I hated it and it sat under my sink for awhile. Then I took it out again and used it on my hair when it was dry. Not my scalp, just the hair part. I would immediately wrap my satin scarf over it and when I took it off.. hair was soo sleek and silky smooth. I love it and use it as my staple daily moisturizer.

sylver2 said:
When I first used it as a regular leave in on wet hair, I hated it and it sat under my sink for awhile. Then I took it out again and used it on my hair when it was dry. Not my scalp, just the hair part. I would immediately wrap my satin scarf over it and when I took it off.. hair was soo sleek and silky smooth. I love it and use it as my staple daily moisturizer.

Wow I gotta try that. I've never used it on dry hair before. I know you wear your hair down all the time, I'm assuming it doesn't weigh your hair down?

Sylver, I kno you have a lot of hair (to say the very LEAST lol) but how much would you use on shoulder length hair?

You know what? as a leave in, i LOVE it. As soon as it touches my strands they start getting soft and detangled. I tried it on my dry hair and I can only use it for the first fe days after I roller set my hair. My hair too gets dry.

I use that and KemiOyl on my 'hair part' and edges before I wrap it up at nite. I'm gonna try something new.

sprungonhairboards said:
Wow I gotta try that. I've never used it on dry hair before. I know you wear your hair down all the time, I'm assuming it doesn't weigh your hair down?

No it doesn't weigh it down, even thought I like products to weigh my hair down :lol: I usually put NTM serum over it and then jojoba oil over that.

tuffCOOKiE said:
Sylver, I kno you have a lot of hair (to say the very LEAST lol) but how much would you use on shoulder length hair?

You know what? as a leave in, i LOVE it. As soon as it touches my strands they start getting soft and detangled. I tried it on my dry hair and I can only use it for the first fe days after I roller set my hair. My hair too gets dry.

I use that and KemiOyl on my 'hair part' and edges before I wrap it up at nite. I'm gonna try something new.

I don't use that much, probably like two quarter size amounts for entire head.
The only time I use a lot is for my braidouts. I use a quarter size amount for each braid

HoneyDew said:

I 2nd this. I find that a lot of your posts I totally agree with. BTW, your hair is growing so fast and thick!

jackie1277 said:
So I bought NTM the other day and tried it out last night and you guys are right that stuff is REALLY good. It felt great when I put it on and when I went to bed.

However this morning I did not put it on a again and now by 5pm today my hair looks so dry, like all I did is run water over my hair last night.

Is this alright? I understand the whole moisturizing twice a day and I'm willing to do that, but is the NTM really that helpful if it dries out that quick? Or maybe my hair is just so dry that it soaked it up or maybe my hair is pourous?

Sorry if this seems really obvious but would like to know.

Thanks ladies..

Hi I use it 2x daily on dry hair... my hair will also get very dry if I don't moisturize it morning and evening.

I also use it on wet hair before I blow dry and flat iron!

Okay, thanks everybody,

I'm going to try using less. I was using way more than 2 quarter sized amounts which will probably explain the build up and then not doing it morning and night would esplain the dryness......

sylver2 said:
Of course everything isn't for everyone..but I will most definately take that bottle off your hands if you don't want it anymore:-)))

*I knew her silk touch lovin arse would be in this thread...*

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back