Non Stripping Clarifyer?

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Ladies I apologize but I have searched and I must not be putting in the right words because I can't find what I am looking for.

Can you ladies please clue me in to what the best clarifying products are that don't strip/dry out the hair. Currently I'm using the suave daily clarifyer 2x a month but it just strips waaaay to much. Can someone please point me in the right direction? I am willing to order online too if necessary.

I haven't used a lot of clarifying poo's (I normally use acv) but I found Herbal Essence Degunkify to be pretty non-stripping.

I like Cream Of Nature's clarifying shampoo...it doesn't seem to strip my hair too much.

When I would buy a too harsh clarifying shampoo, I'd just mix some in my hand with a moisturing shampoo in the shower...that way it didn't dry my hair out as much.

Degunkify? I've never heard of that. Will have to keep my eye out for that one at Walgreens/Walmart. I've never thought of mixing clarifying shampoo with regular shampoo. Will give that a shot. Thanks for the word on Elucence. Will do a search now on that one!

Redken Cleansing Creme, Aveda Detoxifying Shampoo, and Elucence Claifying shampoos are all good non-stripping claifying shampoos.

I went to the Aveda website and they didn't have the detoxifying shampoo on there. Am I tripping? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree is wonderful, IMO. It cleanses the hair & scalp but doesn't strip it. The tea tree and peppermint also stimulate the scalp. :yep:

I've found clarifying poos too drying and stripping, so I prefer more natural clarifiers. I normally use an ACV (apple cider vinegar) rinse which works wonders. You can also try adding the juice of a squeezed lemon into a cheapie conditioner, this works too.

I was using the Suave Daily Clarifying too & I hated the way it stripped my hair. I've since switched to the Suave Professional Clarifying Poo (Rusk Knockoff) & it does not leave my hair feeling stripped. I could never find it in my area so I ended up ordering it from drugstore.com. HTH

Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo :up: I love using this clarifier because it's all-natural and gives an amazing tingle to the scalp. Doesn't strip my hair at all.

WomanlyCharm said:
I like Cream Of Nature's clarifying shampoo...it doesn't seem to strip my hair too much.

When I would buy a too harsh clarifying shampoo, I'd just mix some in my hand with a moisturing shampoo in the shower...that way it didn't dry my hair out as much.

I agree. I really like the CON clarifying, but the bottles are too small for me. I use Kenra Clarifying. I tried Redken's Cleansing cream and that was really good, as well. My hair never gets stripped.

Lanza Deep Cleansing poo is my all time fave it really cleans without stripping.
I have use Keracare 1st Lather and Elucence.

My all time favorite that never fails me is Nexxus Aloe Rid. My other two favorites are Redken's Clarifying Cream and Aveda Detoxify.

Design Essentials deep cleansing shampoo; has a nice smell, and cleans without stripping hair completly and I still get some slip

msshic said:
I was using the Suave Daily Clarifying too & I hated the way it stripped my hair. I've since switched to the Suave Professional Clarifying Poo (Rusk Knockoff) & it does not leave my hair feeling stripped. I could never find it in my area so I ended up ordering it from drugstore.com. HTH

I see a lot of people posting about the Suave Professional Clarifying Shampoo, but where do you purchase it? (I am in CA, too, but I never see it).

I am a natural 4a with extremely dry hair and I find Keracare 1st lather to be the best. A cheaper and just as effective option is adding baking soda to a regular shampoo.

i use kenra clarifying. hey OP. do you follow with a moisturising shampoo after clarifying? You might want to do that.

My 2nd best clarifier is the suave clarifying.

Dymondz7 said:
I am a natural 4a with extremely dry hair and I find Keracare 1st lather to be the best. A cheaper and just as effective option is adding baking soda to a regular shampoo.

Co-sign on that. I just tried the baking soda trick yesterday, and it seems to have worked very well. I mixed it with some of my CON detangling poo on the 1st lather.

Redken Cleansing Cream, Herbal Essences Degunkify and Drama Clean (not really a clarifier, but it worked as one for me).

*Bre~Bre* said:
Ladies I apologize but I have searched and I must not be putting in the right words because I can't find what I am looking for.

Can you ladies please clue me in to what the best clarifying products are that don't strip/dry out the hair. Currently I'm using the suave daily clarifyer 2x a month but it just strips waaaay to much. Can someone please point me in the right direction? I am willing to order online too if necessary.

Today, will be my first clarifying shampoo, going to use SALLYS GENERIC NEXXUS ALOE RID. I'm a bit timid about the stripping effect I've heard here but will try and see. Now, how to squeeze in my shampoo while checking out Wendy Williams, :nuts: Flava Flav and those:bdance: girls marathon!!

I got the Degunkify stuff yesterday for less than three bucks. Used that, then my triple moisture shampoo. It was allll goooood! Thanks ladies. I still have added a few of your suggestions including the aloe rid and baking soda to my list:)

Lady_Lioness said:
I like pantene clarifying poo...when I use it my hair is left feeling clean, but not stripped.

Exactly ! Pantene Clarifying Shampoo has moved to the top spot for clarifying shampoos in my hair cabinet--- I have tried soooo many RUSK, AVEDA Detox, Clairol Herbal Essence, SUAVE, PAUL MITCHELL Tea Tree Oil and the list goes on............ Sticking with PANTENE Clarifying since it is truly doing the job clean---not stripped, not dry.

Back