No-Lye Users and Reconstructors --- Please help

TexturedTresses

Thank you. How are you guys using the protein. My problem is my conditioner is so strong that when I use a use the moisturizing conditioner... my hair gets mushy. Although, it saves my hair everytime I have protein overload. Then when I use my reconstructor, my hair gets brittle. After reading that article about ceramides I'm thinking about checking out nexxus or changing my protein technique. I prepoo with oil or whatever. shampoo with mop-cystem hydrating shampoo and then condition for about 30 minutes with mop c-system reconstructor. Then put my jane carter leave in. The reconstructor is mild and my hair actually feels really soft when I'm finished. The problem is that after is dries, my hair easily breaks. When I over condition, my problem is that my wet hair easily breaks. However, my dry hair doesn't. Although, this only happens when I od. Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:
try aphogee 2 minute reonstructor. i doubt you can get protein overload from that because its mild and gets the job done.

you're afraid of aphogee in what way?

Aphogee really does get the job done, as well as Roux porosity control to rebalance the PH of your hair afterwards.

Yes, use the Aphogee 2 minute Reconstructor. But I like Nexxus Humectress too. But then again, I do use lye, so I could be completely off base! Good luck!

Thank you for the suggestion. Aphogee doesn't really work for me though. I'm actually very afraid of it.

I think you should look intot the 2 in reconstructor. It's a creamy conditioner not like the treatment you might be thinking of. It has a great smell and I usually leave it in for like 10 min. It does it's job for real. Again, its not the treatment that makes your hair really hard.

what is the name of the moisturizing conditioner you use? Can you use a lighter moisurising conditioner instead?

I would suggest keraphix. I mix a tablespoon into my Weekly DC. I personally do not like the reconstructor that comes with Phyto (it sucks by itself) and prefer keraphix a heck of a lot more.

-A

You can try a couple of things......

You can try using a mild protein at every wash for 1-2 minutes and then proceeding with your usual regime......Joico Kpak daily conditioner, smooth and shine silk fusion pack, aphogee 2 minute reconstructor, Aubrey Organics GPB....all of these work well for that purpose

You can try decreasing the time of your conditioning from 30 miutes to 15 minutes.

Sandy....after your hair is dry....what happens when you stretch a strand of it? Does it break immediatly or does it stretch and stretch and then break?

Thanks for all of the responses. Your right, I was thinking about the hard treatment. i will try the 2 minute one. I tried keraphix. it seemed to work out okay. gym freak, I think you might be onto something. ill try out doing it for a shorter period of time. when my hair is dry uhm.... some strands stretch and then break and other strands just break immediately.

Back