No Cones!!

mspm

Ladies,

I know that there have been threads about good moisturizers but I've yet to find one for my 4B hair that has absolutely no cones! I love S-Curl but now I see that it has cones also. Can anybody recommend an exceptional cone-free moisturizer? TIA. Peace and God bless.

I use two:

Africa's Best Carrot Oil Cream

Homemade Moisturizing Spray (based on MotownGirl's recipe) - a mix of water, cheap conditioner, glycerine, silk amino acids, and oil. Works fantastic for me!

ETA: I use a cone-free cheapie condish, of course. I really like Suave Tropical Coconut or White Rain Coconut (this is what I'm using currently). I purchased the silk amino acids from Lotioncrafter.com.

Thanks! I've been diagnosed with lupus and the disease makes my hair slightly brittle anyway, and the cones seem to make it even more brittle. Research shows me that silicones can block the hair's ability to absorb moisture . . .

Mspm,

Have you thought about using a natural butter? No chemicals and you can customize with other butters, oils, and add-ins?

If you have a Sephora near you, you might want to check out the Ojon line. Their Restorative Hair Treatment is essentially some sort of palm oil that has been processed not to stain. I really like it. I wasn't sure about the smell at first, the saleslady was like, mmmm smell this, isn't it wonderful? and it's not the type of smell that's easy to embrace. It kind of grows on you slowly. It reminds me of the amber scents that are sold in those little soap stone containters. Anyway, as a conditioner/moisturizer it's pretty good. The reason I mentioned buying it at Sephora is that they will often give you a sample of something if you're interested (always helps to be buying something when you ask for a sample ;) )

Qhemet Biologics moisturizers contain no silicone. I like the Sidr Tree Butter balm and Heavy Cream. I still haven't gotten used to the Olive Cream, though.

Back