Nightly Rollersetters...

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
What are you using on your ends before rollersetting. This week I attempted not to put any product on my hair because I have fine hair, however, after 3 days my ends are feeling rough and a little tangled. Looking for ally suggestions.

I use Fredericka Fekkai glossing cream on my ends when I roller set. I still have body the next day.

I use the Profective Mega growth lotion. I LOVE THIS STUFF! You can get at any walgreens, cvs, or walmart. It's in a yellow bottle!

honestly, nothing. I guess I should though, huh? LOL, I'm going to add a dab of oil to it at night from now on. I've been in braids for so long that I forgot about how to take care of my hair.

I don't really use anything because my curls end up being too tight and my hair ends up less bouncy.

I just keep my hair really moisturized and that helps.

I use qhemet's sidr tree butter balm as a leave in along with serum on wash days.

I rarely need a daily moisturizer, but when I do I use Aveda Universal Styling Creme a few hours before I roll my hair. if I do it too soon after I apply the cream, my curls are not as bouncy and can be too tight.

anky said:
honestly, nothing. I guess I should though, huh? LOL, I'm going to add a dab of oil to it at night from now on. I've been in braids for so long that I forgot about how to take care of my hair.

Anky, I don't use anything either. I don't think you need to if you hair is already pretty moisturized. I used to use oil every now and then, but I stopped even doing that.

HoneyDew said:
I don't really use anything because my curls end up being too tight and my hair ends up less bouncy.

I just keep my hair really moisturized and that helps.

I use qhemet's sidr tree butter balm as a leave in along with serum on wash days.

I rarely need a daily moisturizer, but when I do I use Aveda Universal Styling Creme a few hours before I roll my hair. if I do it too soon after I apply the cream, my curls are not as bouncy and can be too tight.

Thanks, that is what I would love to happen. Have my hair moisturized enough not to have to put anything on it doing the week.

I think that my hair just needs a break. I am going to get it braided on Saturday, because nothing I seem to do right now is working.

LadyR said:
Thanks, that is what I would love to happen. Have my hair moisturized enough not to have to put anything on it doing the week.

I think that my hair just needs a break. I am going to get it braided on Saturday, because nothing I seem to do right now is working.

Girl, I was thinking of doing a Braid break for the summer. I alwys get sick of them after a month so I have been putting it off - but I am very tempted!

LadyR said:
Currently I am using flexi-rods, but no matter what type of rollers I use I have the same problem

I was just curious what kind of rollers. I use Satin foam ones and I am interested in some other options. I have never been able to use flexi-rods. I bet those make a pretty set.

Back