Nicole Murphy said this product was making her kids hair grow like crazy...

HKW53

..it is called WEN. She did an interview in For Women! Fitness Feb/06 issue, she is on the cover. She said it's a cleansing conditioner that moisturizes your hair and keeps it from breaking.

Has anyone ever heard of this product, used it, if so is it making your hair grow?

HKW53 said:
..it is called WEN. She did an interview in For Women! Fitness Feb/06 issue, she is on the cover. She said it's a cleansing conditioner that moisturizes your hair and keeps it from breaking.

Has anyone ever heard of this product, used it, if so is it making your hair grow?

Yeah, I posted about a week ago about this product. I became interested after reading about Ms. Murphy in Fitness Rx mag., the product seems interesting but it is a bit expensive. Here's the link http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006Q3O3S/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_f/104-0791528-0923140

I think it's too expensive. Anyway QVC sells it.

Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner
Wen by Chaz Dean Fig Cleansing Conditioner

Introductory Price $25.45
Shipping and Handling $4.47
Save! Buy two or more and save on S & H.

Isn't it obvious why their hair is so long? Increased amounts of Testosterone cause major hair growth. :look:

What did I say? What? Why are you looking at my post like that?

I'm thinking everyone is going to run out and buy it. Not I, I'm still waiting to hear the results from the Nixxon vitamins 1in in two wks, Ha, :lol: .
If I'm correct.....
Samaria said:
im a retard, tell me what I missed

BeautifulWideEyes said:
I'm thinking everyone is going to run out and buy it. Not I, I'm still waiting to hear the results from the Nixxon vitamins 1in in two wks, Ha, :lol: .
If I'm correct.....

Right!!!!!!!!!

I"m sorry, I just don't believe that there is some miracle product that is going to make your hair grow leaps and bounds!! And I'm wondering when other people are going to realize this and stop wasting money???? If her kids are seeing more growth than normal since using this product, it's more than likely b/c the product supplies them with something that they were missing in their hair care routine to begin with (i.e. moisture, thus they were having breakage and not getting optimum growth). If you feel that your routine is lacking something (besides more hair) that this product could supply you...go for it. But please dont' do it b/c you think you're going to see some miraculous growth.

Anyway, I'm willing to bet that at least 10% of the board will go out and buy this product, use it, and then move on to the next "holy growth product". If you really want a hair care miracle, let me suggest prayer.

Cincysweetie said:
I"m sorry, I just don't believe that there is some miracle product that is going to make your hair grow leaps and bounds!! And I'm wondering when other people are going to realize this and stop wasting money???? If her kids are seeing more growth than normal since using this product, it's more than likely b/c the product supplies them with something that they were missing in their hair care routine to begin with (i.e. moisture, thus they were having breakage and not getting optimum growth). If you feel that your routine is lacking something (besides more hair) that this product could supply you...go for it. But please dont' do it b/c you think you're going to see some miraculous growth.

Anyway, I'm willing to bet that at least 10% of the board will go out and buy this product, use it, and then move on to the next "holy growth product". If you really want a hair care miracle, let me suggest prayer.

This post is brilliant! :up:

Also, did her kids JUST start using this product? Because from all of the pictures I have ever seen of them, none of them have long hair.:ohwell:

Cincysweetie said:

I think I just *died*

And if she's mentioning hair growth in an article that leads me to believe that she likes long hair. Why isn't she using it?

The ingredients in this Wen treatment are simple. It would seem pretty cool to make your own Wen treatment instead. I bought some lush products early last year. I liked the "BIG" shampoo, banana moon soap, and coconut soap. But the coolaulin conditioner was so so....not as moisturizing as the dominican conditioners that I so love now.

classimami713 said:
And if she's mentioning hair growth in an article that leads me to believe that she likes long hair. Why isn't she using it?

Good question! Didn't she just chop off her hair?

anky said:
Isn't it obvious why their hair is so long? Increased amounts of Testosterone cause major hair growth. :look:

That's okay!

I just ordered some testosterone pills; I will mix them with my MTG, and drink it like a protein shake (don't forget the WEN)! LOL!

I'M KIDDING! ;)

Naw, MTG is my path to floor-length hair! Ha! :yep:

Blossssom said:
That's okay!

I just ordered some testosterone pills; I will mix them with my MTG, and drink it like a protein shake (don't forget the WEN)! LOL!

I'M KIDDING! ;)

Haha!! :lol: :lachen: You're funny!

I don't think I will try anything new for a while. I have found products that really work for me. This now marks almost 2 months since I stopped wearing weaves and braids and I finally think I am getting used to my own hair. I am sticking with what works.

You know I went under my sink to throw out hair crap that I don't use and I almost filled a whole trash bag!

If anyone tries it good luck. I looks like a decent product - just too expensive IMO.

I have used Wen by Chaz Dean it did make my hair grow a little bit it was not crazy growth it also made it soft and it was not frizzy after I washed it but the price is 28 dollars a bottle

anky said:

:lol: :lol:

I agree a good regime that works for you and the products, vitamins that work for you are the absolute way to long hair. Although you do have to try some products to get that haircare regime right, if what you're doing works no need to go out and get the new miracle product. IMO

HKW53 said:

Makeupalley.com has reviews! :grin:

Nita81 said:
The ingredients in this Wen treatment are simple. It would seem pretty cool to make your own Wen treatment instead. I bought some lush products early last year. I liked the "BIG" shampoo, banana moon soap, and coconut soap. But the coolaulin conditioner was so so....not as moisturizing as the dominican conditioners that I so love now.

I love that store, I dont walk in, I float in...the fragrances hypnotize me from 4 stores away. I love those homeade soaps.

Well... I agree with Cincy that there are no miracle products. But I do believe that there are products that "facilitate" growth along with proper care and patience.

Therefore, I'm adding this product to my list of "wants" this year. I'm attracted to the fact that it doesn't contain SLS, and that it conditions and cleanses. Plus --I haven't purchased any new products since September '05. My pjitis is trying to act up...:lol:

Next time maybe you can take it to a women's shelter, or give it to some young ladies in your area that may need it. I just don't like to see all the money go to waste. Hopefully U won't have a next, :ohwell:
HoneyDew said:
I don't think I will try anything new for a while. I have found products that really work for me. This now marks almost 2 months since I stopped wearing weaves and braids and I finally think I am getting used to my own hair. I am sticking with what works.

You know I went under my sink to throw out hair crap that I don't use and I almost filled a whole trash bag!

If anyone tries it good luck. I looks like a decent product - just too expensive IMO.

Blossssom said:
That's okay!

I'M KIDDING! ;)

Tears okay, tears are coming out of my eyes :lachen: . You are so retarded!

HKW53 said:

I have been doing research on this product and it sounds very promising! It contains none of the harmful chemicals that are detrimental to our hair and it cleanses and can also be used as a leave-in! This product is heaven sent and I will definitely be purchasing it when I finish my current products.

Most of the expensive products contain chemicals and work very well, but this product is ideal for our hair because it cleanses and conditions without stripping our natural oils.

MeechUK

Back