Nexxus Emergencee Users - Question

madamone

Ladies how are you using Nexxus Emergencee? I want to use this as my hard core protein treatment. The directions say leave on 1-2 minutes. Is this really long enough? I don't want to end up with straw hair but I would like to get the maximum benefit.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I greatly appreciate the benefit of your experience!

I apply mine to washed hair and get under the dryer without a cap. Let it get hard, then do a deep conditoner to bring back the moisture levels. Emergencee isn't really a hard core protein to me, more medium. HTH

I follow the directions. It leaves my hair soft and smooth, and I don't have to use a deep moisturizing conditioner afterwards.

the salons that have used that on my hair usually sits you under the dryer with a cap for about 20 minutes. i've always had good results, but i've used it for when my hair was breaking or weak

Have used emergencee for years: apply to freshly washed hair, cover with plastic and leave on 10 - 20 minutes, rinse thoroughly, do not 'poo again, even tho new directions say to 'poo, I never do that -- the old school emergencee said to rinse only then apply moisturizing condition for at least 10 - 20 minutes, rinse thoroughly. I always needed to use a moisturizing condish after or hair was too dry. It never got "hard" on my hair, cuz the plastic cap keeps it moist, but hair stands become noticeable smoother and stronger after use. It is my only "hardcore" protein.

If you do a board seach for emergencee in titles, you'll find a bunch of ancient threads on this one . . .

Ladies how are you using Nexxus Emergencee? I want to use this as my hard core protein treatment. The directions say leave on 1-2 minutes. Is this really long enough? I don't want to end up with straw hair but I would like to get the maximum benefit.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I greatly appreciate the benefit of your experience!

I leave mine on for about 3 minutes and it helps my hair. One time I used it under the dryer until it got hard (without plastic cap)...but my hair didn't like it that way and I lost alot of strands b/c it got soooo tangled:sad:. It could have been b/c I just had a fresh relaxer..but I don't want to risk trying it again with heat so therefore I will just apply it like the directions say. If I want a major protein treatment that is to be used with heat then I will use my Aphogee for damaged hair.. my hair doesn't tangle so bad with that.

hth!

Have used emergencee for years: apply to freshly washed hair, cover with plastic and leave on 10 - 20 minutes, rinse thoroughly, do not 'poo again, even tho new directions say to 'poo, I never do that -- the old school emergencee said to rinse only then apply moisturizing condition for at least 10 - 20 minutes, rinse thoroughly. I always needed to use a moisturizing condish after or hair was too dry. It never got "hard" on my hair, cuz the plastic cap keeps it moist, but hair stands become noticeable smoother and stronger after use. It is my only "hardcore" protein.

If you do a board seach for emergencee in titles, you'll find a bunch of ancient threads on this one . . .

Yeah, what's up with the so-called "NEW" directions on some Nexxus products?? For example, I just bought some brand new Nexxus Keraphix to do a light protein conditioning on my hair, and when I looked on the back of the bottle, it said to leave the stuff on my hair for 3 minutes and then rinse out. I was like: "HUH?? 3 minutes?? I KNOW I used to leave this thing on for longer than that!"

When I read through my old hair journal entries, I realize that Nexxus has changed their product directions. Instead of only leaving in the conditioner for 3 minutes, they used to say leave the Keraphix conditioner in the hair for about 15 min.

I think they want to have people get the minimum benefit attained in the smallest amount of time so that people will continue to buy more and more of the product. Shame! :nono:

Thanks ladies! I will try it tonight. I think I'll try it with the cap on for 10-20 minutes. I'll let you guys know the results!

Yeah, what's up with the so-called "NEW" directions on some Nexxus products?? For example, I just bought some brand new Nexxus Keraphix to do a light protein conditioning on my hair, and when I looked on the back of the bottle, it said to leave the stuff on my hair for 3 minutes and then rinse out. I was like: "HUH?? 3 minutes?? I KNOW I used to leave this thing on for longer than that!"

When I read through my old hair journal entries, I realize that Nexxus has changed their product directions. Instead of only leaving in the conditioner for 3 minutes, they used to say leave the Keraphix conditioner in the hair for about 15 min.

I think they want to have people get the minimum benefit attained in the smallest amount of time so that people will continue to buy more and more of the product. Shame! :nono:

Yep, that's the new "user friendly" directions for the get it all done in 5 minutes generation. I've been using nexxus since the the 80s (I know, I'm dating myself) and have stuck with the nexxus "classic" line -- therappe, humectess, headress, keraphix, emergencee & remember epitome, can't find it no more :nono: -- and even after I hit the boards, I found those to be awesome products once I learned all about proteins, moisture, etc. To nexxus credit, they have not changed the ingredients, but have changed instructions. Well, the original instructions been working like a charm, so I ain't changing . . . :yep:

But that's just me . . .

I only use this once per relaxer cycle..usually the week after. I get good results with it. I also leave it on for 10-15 minutes under the dryer. This is what my stylist instructed me to do.:yep: I don't have to use it any more than that...my hair doesn't like too much protein. I get enough in my diet and through using mild protein items every 3-5 washes.

Back