Newly Natural and just wondering ...

FRESHstart101

i've NEVER washed my own hair, im 18 yrs old & it
took for me to cut it all off to realize that i refuse
to pay 25-30 bucks for them to wash this:
(points at my 1-2 inch of hair) lol.

so i'm just wondering, whats natural shedding look like ?

Not quite sure what you mean....

There will be white bulbs at one end of the shed hairs where it comes out of your scalp. If it's breakage, there will be no bulb. Is that what you meant: what does a shed hair look like?

i meant more like HOW much not what it looked like.
i understand natural shedding has a white bulb on
the tip. but it's the amount that im more concerned about.

actually never mind, i'm gonna become
obsessed just like i was with my relaxed hair,
counting individual hair's and crap. lol, it's only a few
let me not over analyze my hair ... again ... :look:

thanks for the replies though !!

to add, also that depending on your curl type and the section of your head that the shed hair came from (if ur like me and have several different textures) then the shed hair will range from tiny O's to things that look like streched pen springs, to wavy S shapes to straight hairs ... of course all with white bulbs at the end.

interms of the amount when washing - I dont normally get more than abt a penny size of loosly wadded hair in total (I dont know any better way to describe it)

after detanging I usually get abt a quarter size of loosly wadded hair in total (after 2 weeks of not combing/detanging my hair)

maybe I shud take pics ... I really dont know how the describe it LOL..

hope this helped LOL

i meant more like HOW much not what it looked like.
i understand natural shedding has a white bulb on
the tip. but it's the amount that im more concerned about.

actually never mind, i'm gonna become
obsessed just like i was with my relaxed hair,
counting individual hair's and crap. lol, it's only a few
let me not over analyze my hair ... again ... :look:

thanks for the replies though !!

oh OK when my hair was your length, shed hair were only noticable afgter I finished washing my hair and clreaing out the hair trap ... really literally 10 the most.

yes i used to count my shed hairs too when i was relaxed .... 1 pile for sheds and 1 pile for broken hairs ... :perplexed

I stopped after I realized I was beeing crazy for no reason LOL ... i think:rolleyes:

oh OK when my hair was your length, shed hair were only noticable afgter I finished washing my hair and clreaing out the hair trap ... really literally 10 the most.

yes i used to count my shed hairs too when i was relaxed .... 1 pile for sheds and 1 pile for broken hairs ... :perplexed

I stopped after I realized I was beeing crazy for no reason LOL ... i think:rolleyes:

OMG SO IT WASNT ONLY ME !!?!?!?!?!?! :lachen:YAYYYYYYY

Honestly for me I don't see shedded hairs until I comb. Which is rarely and I am at 2inches of shrunken twa. I only comb in the shower and if it is a good 5 I'm good.

OP, normal shedding is anywhere between 50 and 100 hairs per day, regardless of hair type or whether relaxed or natural. That doesn't change. If your hair is short, that will be a tiny ball. If your hair is long, the ball will look bigger but the number of hairs shed may be more or less the same. The only time shedding should be of concern is if your hair is thinning, scalp is sore or itchy, or you are finding bald spots. I think sometimes y'all trigger hair loss with unnecessary worry.

Back