Newbie who needs some help...

soul_sista

Hi all! I have been lurking around on this board for a while due to a friend who told me about it. I now am proud to be starting my own hair journey but I have some questions with putting a regimine together.

I hate grease :barf: .
Is there any suggestions to any products that I can use on a daily basis or as needed to moisturize my hair?

Also is it neccessary to use a leave in conditioner as well as conditioner that you use to deep condition?

Thanks in advance to all suggestions :)

I just bumped up two threads for you. I hope you find something that you find interesting.

I always deep condition and use a leave-in conditioner. I really does help especially if you heat style.

Welcome!!

I always deep condition & use a leave-in. The leave-in helps to detangle & the deep condition helps w/ moisture. As far as an everyday moisturizer, I like NTM Silk Touch, ORS Olive Oil (jar), ORS Shea Butter & Mizani Rose H20. HTH

:wave: Welcome to the forum!! I always deep condition and follow-up with a creamy leave in conditioner. I'm not to fond of grease either. Some moisturizers that I rotate are ORS olive oil in the jar (my personal favorite right now :) ) silk touch leave in and a few of the Profectiv moisturizers. HTH

18.gif
to LHCF, soul_sista! :wave:

You could try using oil instead of grease. S-Curl No Drip Activator Moisturizer works great on my hair as a moisturizer and leave-in conditioner. If your hair does great w/o a leave-in condiioner then, you can skip it.

Hey Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy you're on here

Elasta qp mango butter and 100% shea butter are great moisturizers.

I feel as though leave in conditioners are a necessity for my hair, leaves it nice and soft...i use nexxus headress

Last edited:
I use both Deep conditioner and Leave in. Makes a big difference in my hair.

I dont use grease at all. But I do use a hair oil.

Welcome.

Welcome! There are great ways to moisturoze your hair without using grease (which doesn't moisturize much IMO). The ladies here have already given some great suggestions. A good tip is to always looks for a product that lists water as one of its main ingredients. Then seal that in with an oil. I do this when applying my leave-in conditioner and my daily moisturizer (NTM).

And any deep conditioner can be used as a leave-in conditioner and as a moisturizer. They are great for detangling and softening hair. HTH

Back