Newbie needs help

• Thread starter Thread starter Uwrong
  • Start date Start date
U

Uwrong

I was introduce to this site by reslnt1 (thanks:grin:) and recently became a member and an addict after lurking newho i have no real regimen but do recognize my need for a healthy balance of moisture and protein so I wanted to know if ORS hair mayo was protein or moisture and can anyone recommend a good protein /moisture DC cuz i am clueless (i think):wallbash:

Hi! I'm new too! I like to use ORS Replenishing Pak for a good moisturizing conditioner. I use a plastic cap and sometimes sit under the dryer usually 10-15 minutes. I'd like to keep it in longer, but I get really impatient with the whole process.

thanks guys , but u know i hav more questions. does that mean that i should not use Aphogee reconstuctor and ORs mayo and would silicon mix be a good moisture DC

thanks guys , but u know i hav more questions. does that mean that i should not use Aphogee reconstuctor and ORs mayo and would silicon mix be a good moisture DC

It depends on how often you are using those particular products.

As for Silicon Mix, some people find it very moisturizing. I personally don't, so it all depends on how your hair reacts to it. If you do a search, there are lots of threads on good moisturizing conditioners.

Correct. If you do Aphogee and Mayo, I think that would be too much protein. Do one or the other. Aphogee is a stronger protein however, so if you chosse that, you need to DEEP CONDITION, more than normal. Mayo is a good balance of both moisture and protein. The replenishing back is a light/ medim protein and is also a good deep condion for moisture, and may it add...IT SMELLS DIVINE!!!!. Silicon mix didn't do much for me, and also I should inform you that if you're trying to stay away from mineral oil and petroluem, silicon mix is not the way to go since the second ingredient is mineral oil. I would do maybe a cholesterol for deep conditoning or the Pantene Relaxed and Natural Deep Conditoning Mask that Gymfreak has been raving about on the one of the threads going on right now.

Remeber that you will also need some type of daily moisterizer. Make sure what ever you get has water/aqua as the first ingredient and try to stay away from mineral oil and petroleum as those block out moisture from ever reaching your strands.

I think I have more, but am blanking out at the moment. LOL!!

Oh and by the way...... WELCOME!!!!

Thanks 4 the responses. Im gonna try that lizjoseph and ill definitely let you u know how it come out :drunk:

You're very welcome, and I see you're from Brooklyn, so please don't forget to vote on the date for the meet up!!! :grin:

Back