Newbie needs help with REGIMEN

OOoook. So I am new on this site. I have basically started all the way back to the first thread and worked my way up. I loove looking at everyones FOTKI which gave me inspiration. A couple years ago, My hair was down my back. I recieved a birth control shot which made all my hair fall out. Since I have been on here, browsing, I want to grow my hair back now.

The only problem is that I need help with my regimen.
I have in my possession:

Creme of Natures moisturizing shampoo
Creme of Natures detangling shampoo
Aphogee 2 min. keratin
Aphogee green tea and keratin reconstruction
Creme of natures leave in conditioner
Elasta QP mango butter moisturizer
Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Argan oil
Aphogee deep moisture shampoo
and EVOO

I have used all of these products except for the CoN shampoo and I have used SilkLustra MegaSilk. Also recently henna plus placenta mixed with honey, evoo and the aphogee 2 min kertain. I just permed my hair in the beginning of November. I guess I am just confused on what to do and then trying to find hair styles for my hair is really difficult for me. I tried rollersetting it but that came out a MEEESSS.:blush:

Could you lovely ladies help me please???:wallbash:

Also I am looking into getting megatek but since i have been co-washing my hair here and there, and moisturizing and trying so hard, I have noticed a great deal of shedding. Even before I started trying all of this out.

I think that finding a reggie to stick with is THE most mind boggling part of embarking on your healthy hair journey. There are so many product to choose from, so many "healthy hair" myths (though well meaning their myths none the less), and so many theories and methods.

With that said IMHO you need to stream line your product list 1. great shampoo, 1. thick and creamy condish for regular washes 1. deep condish for DC'ing 1. great moisturizer and 1. oil to seal with.

As for styling, you're just going to play with your hair to figure out what you want. If you like the rollerset look, then watch some youtube tutorials and keep trying till you get it. If it doesn't work out, put it in a pony and try again later. You like quick styles? Get yourself a phony pony and/or a half wig. It's good for protection, it's quick, and can look great with very little tweaking. You like curly looks? Watch a youtube tutorial on twist outs and braid outs.

I'm sure lots of women will chime in. HTH and HHG

ETA: try taking an ordorless garlic pill daily for the shedding.

I think its important that you get your protein/moisture balance in check there are tons of threads on it. Also sistaslick has a bunch of articles that she wrote herself on regimen building, protein and moisture building..among tons of other helpful things. Here are those links: http://public.fotki.com/sistaslick/sistaslicks-healthy/regimen-building-pr/
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1476956/protein_and_moisture_balancing_in_black.html?cat=69

and MSA has a newbie thread with a bunch of links to other helpful threads
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=389082

the best advice I can give you is to just READ! lol My first 5 or 6 months on here I did very little posting and plenty of searches and reading...I learned so much and I still am :yep: HTH!!

Thank You! I actually clicked on those links you sent me all at once so I could read them one by one. I didn't even know there was a newbie manual on here! Thank You though. Yes I am definitely reading a lot on this site. I even have my sister about to subscribe to the site so she can get started also.

Yes I actually do like the curly look but I did not know if you could do that on relaxed hair or not. Like my hair is extra moisturized right now and when I co-wash it, I put my oils in from the scalp to the ends, spray the keratin on it, wrap it and then put the silk scarf on it and let it dry. I do not use heat anymore unless I am doing a DC. Thats al.

I was a newbie last year and the piece of advice that help me the most was getting my moisture/protein balance addressed. I discovered I needed to use more moisturizing products across the board with the exception of aphogee 2 min treatment with every wash.

After that I just made an effort to pay closer attention to what my hair likes and dislike, to overall be gentler with my hair, and to invest in styling tools (it makes a huge difference)

Back