Newbie......Need Help with Product Selection.

normacyri

Hi ladies, I really need help. I'm a newbie and have learned so much from you guys. As many of you may know Beauty Brands is having their liter sale and since I've officially become a PJ, I gotta get sumthin'.:grin:

So, here's where ya'll come. I would like some suggestions. I've been using Joico's K-Pak since I joined the board in April because I had quite a bit of damage. It has worked wonders and my hair just loves it :lick:. I use the shampoo, reconstructor and hydrator every other week, alternately I use Nexxus Moisture poo and Humecto. I also use PM The Detangler, Suave Tropical Coconut for Co-washes and ORS Replenishing Pak for DC.

I want to know if it's ok to continue using the K-Pak as much as I do or should I switch to another Joico Product like the Moisture Recovery.I really like Joico but want to know if their is something better. I'm also interested in the Biolage System and Redken. I feel like I gotta buy something just because they have the sale going on :yep:.

I have very thick, 4b/4c??? hair.
I am past SL but not close to BSL yet.
I really need something that detangles.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanx Lovepeace... I took a look at the product reviews littlegold... has and it was great. But, i'm looking more for suggestions on what works for those who may have similar hair to mine and more specifically if using the K-Pak as much as I do and possibly more in the future is overkill.

:wallbash: Darn! There aren't any Beauty Brands in California.

Hi! I'm a fellow newbie (April '08). I can't give you as much advice as some of the vets, but I do know this much....If they have Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner on sale BUY IT. Its great. Very moisturizing and allows you to detangle a little easier.

OOOhh, I'm so sorry Joy:nono:... they are the bomb.
I feel like I'm in FAO Schwartz when I walk in there.
It's sad I'm a real PJ:lachen:.
Girl I got soo caught up on the fact that you didn't hava Beauty Brands, I didn't pay attention to the rest of the post. I saw the Kenra and have heard alot about it on here, they didn't have any liter sizes but I still may pick some up with whatever else I get.

Thanx!

Last edited:
I have Beauty Brands too but mine mostly has poos for sale in the liters.
However, there are some Redken condishes on sale. Maybe you should try the Redken Smooth Down or Butter Treat both are pretty good moisturizing condishes and if you don't like them you can always prepoo with them or cowash with them later.

Joico Moisture Recovery condish is good so if you can get a liter of it for $10.98 you should go for it. Once again if it doesn't work out for you, you can use it for prepoo/cowash.

I didn't get a chance to see all of the brands my store had on special, so I have to go back. I'm only about $22.00 from my 10% discount so I need to buy something too and you can't beat $10.98!:grin:

Hi ladies, I really need help. I'm a newbie and have learned so much from you guys. As many of you may know Beauty Brands is having their liter sale and since I've officially become a PJ, I gotta get sumthin'.:grin:

So, here's where ya'll come. I would like some suggestions. I've been using Joico's K-Pak since I joined the board in April because I had quite a bit of damage. It has worked wonders and my hair just loves it :lick:. I use the shampoo, reconstructor and hydrator every other week, alternately I use Nexxus Moisture poo and Humecto. I also use PM The Detangler, Suave Tropical Coconut for Co-washes and ORS Replenishing Pak for DC.

I want to know if it's ok to continue using the K-Pak as much as I do or should I switch to another Joico Product like the Moisture Recovery.I really like Joico but want to know if their is something better. I'm also interested in the Biolage System and Redken. I feel like I gotta buy something just because they have the sale going on :yep:.

Welcome!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you like the k-pak line, keep using it. You could buy the moisture recovery to alternate it with that way you can keep up your moisture protein balance. Out of biolage or redken, I would suggest trying a redken product.

OOOhh, I'm so sorry Joy:nono:... they are the bomb.
I feel like I'm in FAO Schwartz when I walk in there.
It's sad I'm a real PJ:lachen:.
Girl I got soo caught up on the fact that you didn't hava Beauty Brands, I didn't pay attention to the rest of the post. I saw the Kenra and have heard alot about it on here, they didn't have any liter sizes but I still may pick some up with whatever else I get.

Thanx!

Hi Normacyri!
I would recommend KENRA too. Which Beauty Brands did you go to? I wonder if the KENRA is on sale & they were just sold out.
I'm in STL too :yawn:

I have Beauty Brands too but mine mostly has poos for sale in the liters.
However, there are some Redken condishes on sale. Maybe you should try the Redken Smooth Down or Butter Treat both are pretty good moisturizing condishes and if you don't like them you can always prepoo with them or cowash with them later.

Joico Moisture Recovery condish is good so if you can get a liter of it for $10.98 you should go for it. Once again if it doesn't work out for you, you can use it for prepoo/cowash.

I didn't get a chance to see all of the brands my store had on special, so I have to go back. I'm only about $22.00 from my 10% discount so I need to buy something too and you can't beat $10.98!:grin:
Thanx JD.. they have all con's on sale with the poos at my BB. Decision's, Decision's:spinning:.

Thanx for the Welcome Gymfreak,
My original idea was to get the Moisture Recovery to switch between the two, but i wanted to consult ya'll GURU's.:grin:

Hey Itsy Bitsy,
I went to the one on Lindbergh and New Halls Ferry in Cross Keys Plaza.
I don't think the Kenra was on sale, if it was I know I didn't see liters. I will look again tonight. Which one do you use?

HEY fellow newbie:wave:! I think i'm more of a freshmen (b/c I just joined this month) but I love ORS replenishing pack and Beemine is great. Started using it b/c of this site but like gymfreak336 said keep what's working.

Last edited:
Hey Itsy Bitsy,
I went to the one on Lindbergh and New Halls Ferry in Cross Keys Plaza.
I don't think the Kenra was on sale, if it was I know I didn't see liters. I will look again tonight. Which one do you use?

Hey!
I normally go to the BB on Olive cause it's close to my job and I can go during work hours :look:
I'll go tomorrow to see what they have. I have used both the Kenra & Joico Moisture Recovery. I like both but Kenra has more slip.

I went tonight ItsyBitsy and the Kenra is not on sale. :sad:
I was able to get a small sample size of the Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat. I will be trying it tonight to see if it gives me better slip than the K-Pak.

The girls at BB told me the sale goes thru Aug 15th so I've got time to figure this out.

I was able to get a small sample size of the Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat. I will be trying it tonight to see if it gives me better slip than the K-Pak.

The girls at BB told me the sale goes thru Aug 15th so I've got time to figure this out.

I love the Redken All-Soft line. The Redken Real Control isn't bad either.

I love the Redken All-Soft line. The Redken Real Control isn't bad either.
Thanx Joy...I tried the Butter Treat as a DC and my hair was soft but I really think Joico treats me better. I might try a sample size of the All-Soft just to see if it does me okay. Detangling is my biggest problem, I say that like I'm the only one, but finding something that will consistently give me good slip is my goal.

Yea...I went to both the Olive store & the one on Lindberg. I got 2 liters of Redken Smooth Down Conditioner, 1 Abba Pure Moisture Shampoo, and 1 Kenra MC (wasn't on sale but I got it for my mom).

Yea...I went to both the Olive store & the one on Lindberg. I got 2 liters of Redken Smooth Down Conditioner, 1 Abba Pure Moisture Shampoo, and 1 Kenra MC (wasn't on sale but I got it for my mom).

I'm gonna try the Kenra even thogh it isn't on sale. I havn't heard about the Abba Pure Moisture Shampoo. I was glad I was able to get a sample of the Butter Treat, it was okay I didn't get the same results that I do with the K-Pak. I guess I'll be getting the Joico and Kenra.:grin:

Back