Newbie in the Hooouuussse

KiniKakes

Heeeey folks! *waving*

I'm a Newbie who has been lurking since Aug 05.... yes, ya'all, I said it!!! I've been stalking you guys since August! :lol: I've been a member of a few other hair boards but I find this one to be the most knowledgeable, positive and uplifting, warm and friendly, and overall thorough.

I am so thrilled to say that I've learned sooo much about hair health, hair growth and overall proper maintenance since becoming a "lurker." :look: I started my hair regimen in August 05, upon discovering these boards. Ya'all, I just shudder to think about all the awful hair "faux pas" I was making before that time... so much damage that could have been avoided. *smh* :( However, since beginning my regimen my hair has flourished! :D

For the first time ever, in these last few months, I can actually look in the mirror and see/feel the difference.... and the Dominican ladies at my salon, who I see weekly, have noticed the difference as well.:clap: Now you KNOW that is progress when the women who would previously roll their eyes disapprovingly at me and say sternly: "Mami, you need a trim!" are now asking "Mami, what are you doing to your hair... it is getting so thick/healthy?" :p Now mind you, my hair has a looooong ways to go before it is anywhere near where I want to be.... but it is so encouraging that, since learning to take better care of my hair, I am finally seeing the fruits of my labor.

Ironically enough, I was always one of those folks who believed that "black people's hair just won't grow beyond a certain length." :ohwell: And for those whose hair did grow long, I attributed that to the fact that they were possibly bi-racial or had some "other" type of hair that wasn't naturally kinky in its un-relaxed state. *smh* :perplexed Boy, was I dead wrong!!! :lachen:

Anyway, before I get too long-winded, I just wanted to say THANK YOU all soooo much for all the wonderful hair tips, stories, advice, wisdom, etc. that you have offered. I knew it was just a matter of time before I "formally" joined this messageboard and, quite truthfully, the only thing holding me back was laziness. :lol: So many times I have wanted to add to a discussion and comment, but I never took the time to figure out how to register. But now that I'm here, I definitely plan to participate on a regular basis. :grin:

Anyway, im look forward to chatting w/all of you all at some point! :D

First, welcome!!!!

Second, your hair looks great! It clearly has gotten so much healthier and the shine is outta control.

Please share your regimen:)

Looking forward to ur posts:grin:

Awww, thank you sooo much, ladies, for the warm welcome!!! :)

My regimen is simple and pretty straightforward. It started out a bit more elaborate (lol), but I have since learned that "less is more" for my hair!

Daily
VitaTress Hair Food Supplement by Nexxus = 2 vitamins
MSM powder = 2000 mg
Aceite de Oliva Shampoo/Conditioner by Capile or Nacidit = 1x weekly
MTG = 4x weekly (Truth be told, I would keep MTG in my hair 5-6x a week
if the BF wasn't such a hater).:lachen:

1-2x per month
Wild Growth Hair Oil
Surge Plus 14: Hair Revitalizer
Tea Tree & Aloe Anti-Breakage Scalp Therapy by Isoplus

Challenges
No Heat, No Trimming, Protective Styles Only (Mon-Fri), Wash/Condition (weekly), Increase Daily Water Intake, Keep Hair Moisturized

Welcome!!! Wonderful testimonial! Your progress is great and we look forward to you taking and active part in our lil' family :-D

so1913 said:
Welcome!!! Wonderful testimonial! Your progress is great and we look forward to you taking and active part in our lil' family :-D

Thank you so much, soror!!!! *hugs* Looking forward to that as well.

Welcome to LHCF!! Looks like you have all your bases covered. I look foward to your input on the forum!!! :)

Wow. Your hair looks great! Such phenomenal progress. ITA with everything in your post. When you see so many women here with beautiful hair...whether its natural, relaxed or somewhere in between, you can't help but be inspired. Now you can be an inspiration to others.

Welcome!

girl welcome!
you might be new to posting but you are no newbie you have a regimine, fotki, photos in the siggy and you go to a Dominican salon i think you pretty much have it down now the real question are you a product junkie yet????

Welcome to the wonderful world of posting!

It's good to hear that lurkers are able to pick up on the positive vibes of this forum. It's such a great place to be, and I'm glad you're now with us! :)

:wave: welcome to posting girl!

You hair is progressing nicely and eventhough you seem to be 'in the know' we can all learn new things I guess...yeah, I've tried other boards but this one, as far as hair is concerned, is more well rounded and easy to navigate.

Looking forward to sharing thoughts, pics, techniques and products with ya!:lol:

11.gif
to LHCF, KiniKakes! :wave: Your hair looks great! :drunk:

KiniKakes said:
Heeeey folks! *waving*

I'm a Newbie who has been lurking since Aug 05.... yes, ya'all, I said it!!! I've been stalking you guys since August! :lol: I've been a member of a few other hair boards but I find this one to be the most knowledgeable, positive and uplifting, warm and friendly, and overall thorough.

I am so thrilled to say that I've learned sooo much about hair health, hair growth and overall proper maintenance since becoming a "lurker." :look: I started my hair regimen in August 05, upon discovering these boards. Ya'all, I just shudder to think about all the awful hair "faux pas" I was making before that time... so much damage that could have been avoided. *smh* :( However, since beginning my regimen my hair has flourished! :D

For the first time ever, in these last few months, I can actually look in the mirror and see/feel the difference.... and the Dominican ladies at my salon, who I see weekly, have noticed the difference as well.:clap: Now you KNOW that is progress when the women who would previously roll their eyes disapprovingly at me and say sternly: "Mami, you need a trim!" are now asking "Mami, what are you doing to your hair... it is getting so thick/healthy?" :p Now mind you, my hair has a looooong ways to go before it is anywhere near where I want to be.... but it is so encouraging that, since learning to take better care of my hair, I am finally seeing the fruits of my labor.

Ironically enough, I was always one of those folks who believed that "black people's hair just won't grow beyond a certain length." :ohwell: And for those whose hair did grow long, I attributed that to the fact that they were possibly bi-racial or had some "other" type of hair that wasn't naturally kinky in its un-relaxed state. *smh* :perplexed Boy, was I dead wrong!!! :lachen:

Anyway, before I get too long-winded, I just wanted to say THANK YOU all soooo much for all the wonderful hair tips, stories, advice, wisdom, etc. that you have offered. I knew it was just a matter of time before I "formally" joined this messageboard and, quite truthfully, the only thing holding me back was laziness. :lol: So many times I have wanted to add to a discussion and comment, but I never took the time to figure out how to register. But now that I'm here, I definitely plan to participate on a regular basis. :grin:

Anyway, im look forward to chatting w/all of you all at some point! :D

Welcome to the boards Kinikakes!:p :D and wow your hair looks great girl!

Back