Newbie in need of some help

Edmine

Yesterday I washed my hair with mane and tail shampoo followed up with VO5 kiwi conditioner. I diluted the shampoo and conditioner with water and added a tbs of salt. After I washed my hair I applied motions leave in treatment and s-curl. my hair is still wet but not dripping wet. Do I apply an oil to my hair when its still wet or wait after it dries? Is it the hair or do I apply the oil to the scalp. Also what kind of oils do you guys recommend because my oil was runny. I do have braid extensions and I was wondering is this a good start?

I usually wait until my hair is about 50% dry before adding the oil. I don't want it to be so wet that the oil runs off of my hair, but I still want there to be a little bit of moisture in my hair for the oil to seal in. I use a TINY bit of oil at a time - I put the oil in the palms of my hands, rub my hands together, and then run my hands and fingers through my hair.

I don't oil my scalp, at all - but that's just a personal choice for me - there are some ladies that do. I just started 'sealing' my hair with oil (I use castor) and I really like it, thus far.

Honestly, though, since you are wearing braids - I don't know. You don't want to use TOO many leave-ins, because it'll make your hair gunky, and the braids themselves should be providing some protection to your hair.

Why do you want to add oil to your hair?

I want to seal in some moisture, but do you think it's a good start? Also I'm only using one leave in treatment.

Motions and the S-Curl, plus the oil. I consider anything that you leave on your hair as a leave in. Basically, if it's not rinsed out - it's a leave-in.

I don't know, honestly, if it's a good start. I don't know the current moisture level of your hair, I'm not sure how braids will affect it, and I don't know how your hair will react to the products.

Personally, in braids, I would DC weekly, and use a light moisture rich spritz for daily moisture, and leave the leave-ins alone. :yep:

Back