Newbie here....PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Stiletto_Diva

So i've lurked for a few months and finally decided to join, now that i have joined i still have no clue on how to take care of my hair!!:perplexed So any help is greatly appreciated. I need ideas with regemine, products, techniques, etc. I'm completely in the dark!!!

My Status:

Currently transitioning and 22 weeks post relaxer. I'm not sure what my hair type is but i think i'm 4a in the front and 4b in the back. I have some breakage but not nearly as much as i had when I had my relaxer, which i take as a sign that i'm doing something right:clapping:. I currently co-wash 2x/wk and wash with shampoo once a week. I have so much new growth that i currently just wash, slick my hair back into a ponytail with moisturizer and castor oil. I use Suave Humecent as a co wash and Suave 2in1 ph balanced shampoo.

Sorry for the long read and thanks for your help!!

WELCOME! Your hair texture sounds like mine. You can check out my fotki for any ideas. I'm natural though so all may not apply. Happy Hair Growing!

Your regimen sounds really low maintenance (a good thing)! Although I don't use shampoo ( i use baking soda rinses and amla shampoo from whole foods once a month) I would recommend you use a GREAT moisturizing shampoo. Suave is great for co washing but for regular washing i would suggest you do some research and look for something for your hair needs.

What's your current length and status (dry, thick, long, stringy, etc.)?

Try stalking fotkis and asking ladies who have the same hair types as yours. Hope that helps!

Your regimen sounds really low maintenance (a good thing)! Although I don't use shampoo ( i use baking soda rinses and amla shampoo from whole foods once a month) I would recommend you use a GREAT moisturizing shampoo. Suave is great for co washing but for regular washing i would suggest you do some research and look for something for your hair needs.

What's your current length and status (dry, thick, long, stringy, etc.)?

Try stalking fotkis and asking ladies who have the same hair types as yours. Hope that helps!

My hair is currently shoulder length and has the tendency to be on the dry side. I have about tw inches of new growth. Now that my natural hair is starting to grow out my roots are really thick.

Thanks to everyone for the help!!

Hi and welcome! Maybe you can also incorporate deep conditioning into your regimen, too. Wouldn't hurt, maybe it will help with the dryness.

Hi and welcome! Maybe you can also incorporate deep conditioning into your regimen, too. Wouldn't hurt, maybe it will help with the dryness.

I agree w/ the deep conditioning suggestion. I recommend the ORS conditioning pak.

Also, welcome to the board!

Back