Newbie here - hello to all!

kurlybella

hi ladies:

i just wanted to introduce myself. i've been living over in the fashion threads lately and decided to venture back over here.

i've been a loooooong time lurker of this site and decided to go ahead and fully join a while back since there is so much hair knowledge here and i love to look at fotkis!

anyway, i am 4a/b natural. i have been natural since 02. i kept my hair in a shoulder length bob for a while and also experienced breakage of very long growth because my former, not a natural stylist, stylist used irons that were too hot for my head and basically burned the hair out of the back of my head. :wallbash:

as for why i am natural - i realized that for me, i was just continuing to do what my parents had started as a pattern and unconscious habit for me. so in my senior year in college, i stopped relaxing.

i didn't do a big chop. there are things that big foreheaded womens just cant's do, nah, ya hear??? so i did a sew in for about 10 mos or so and then cut off my permed ends.

i think the most interesting thing to happen to me while relaxed was that i lost all of my hair once when i was a sophomore in hs. it was not cute.:nono:

as for my regimen: i wash every week to two weeks, use a homemade moisturizing mix to keep it healthy and use cantu leave in. i have a KISS method and it works great. i also just started taking vitamins - dora the explora (hey they have the same adult percentage of ingredients and i don't have to GAG on a huge pill) - but i guess i should say it's not for my hair more so my overall health.

i am, however, a reformed PJ...just up and QUIT COLD TURKEY one day. once i got over the shakes, red and inflamed flaky scalp and hallucinations of being chased by rouge paul mitchell products, i was fine.

my immediate goal is bra strap by 1/2009 - we shall see. :look:

i'm also joining in on the megatek challenge and am just awaiting the arrival of my products.

you ladies are great and have such beautiful hair!

i have a lot of natural hair knowledge so hopefully i'll be able to share.

Last edited:
welcome-image-58.gif

Back