Newbie HELP!!!

chinaeyez07

Hi I am new to this and I must admit my hair is in much less than perfect condition. I very recently cut it since it has been breaking off so badly. Most of the breaking is my fault because I love to color my hair, now I am in desperate need to get my hair back what can I do?!!!

welcome :spinning:

i would definitely say start by upping your moisture level. i have only been on here for a month or so (lurking before i joined last week) and the tips i got on pre-pooing, co-washing, and DCing have all helped out this thing that used to be a curly mess. hope that helps a little...and search around for a good challenge (maybe this is the competitor in me talking) - the support and tips in that one thread alone could be what takes your hair to the next level.

:wave::welcome3: You'l love it here. I'm sure some of the hair gurus can chime in with some suggestions to help you. Happy hair growing!

When I first came here my hair was dry because I used too much direct heat too ofte. What helped the most and is still the greatest aid is deep conditioning.
My hair needed moisture and I also needed to reinforce my hair with a few serious protein treatments.
I don't need as much protein strength now, but I still need moisture, moisture, moisture!!!
I don't have anywhere as much breakage as I used to have.
For me it was a matter of Deep conditioning alot more often and using a good moisturizer at least 2x a day.
HTH

I agree with the deep conditioner (DC). If it was me, I would stay away from protein conditioners for a while (until you better understand your protein needs). Make sure when you buy a DC you look at the ingredients to determine if their is protein in it. I would also DC 2-3 times per week (under the dryer for at least 30 mins.) Are you relaxed or natural? Either way look into a moisturizing leave in conditioner. If you can stay away from the heat (besides using the dryer when you DC) and hair dye. If you are relaxed I would stay away from that for a while and see how long you can stretch it. There will be a lot of information so don't feel overwhelmed. Also there will be some trial and error until you figure out what is right for you. Good Luck!!!

Back