Newbie getting first sew in

bcandace

Ok I need some help......I got my hair braided for vaction at the end of august and took the twists down after 4 wks.......i had some breakage around my hairline (always a thin spot for me).....so I've decided to get a full sew in order to give my hair a rest......I'm kinda worried about them braiding around that area but don't wanna leave any hair out....i'm natural and as soon as the humidity hits my hair.....well you know the rest.

So, any suggestions on a nice protective style...or products to help that area while my hair is in a sew-in.....also what type of hair should i get.....yeah i know nothing about this process.

Last edited:
Hmmm. I don't usually get full sew-in's so I can't help too much on that. If your hairline is fragile you should definitely make sure they braid that area loosely and don't try to catch ALL the tiny little hairs in there.

There's a thread for the weave challenge 2008. You should be able to find more info in there. If you check the "sticky's" at the top of the page, there's one that lists all the challenges.

ETA: it's in the favorite stickies thread. under 2008 hair challenges.

If your hair is weak around the edges you might want to leave them out( your edges) because they will have to braid your hair tight enough so that it will not have too much slack once it gets old because it will get very slack i promise and plus you dont want your edges to break either.

I'm currently in a sew-in and after I shampoo I apply EVCO (extra virgin coconut oil) around my hairline. I don't have thinning edges but I do it as a preventative measure.

You can try cayenne pepper with some olive oil. Also, you can try COCONUT OIL, it is very good for hair growth and health of your hair.

Back