Newbie Checking In & In need of Help!

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
Hi! I'm 123Action! Been lurking on LHCF since December 2008 and I've finally decided to subscribe and officially start my healthy hair journey as of March 2009! I spent three months trying to find the products and the regimen that will help me and I think I got it down, but I just want the pros to chime in. I"m 4a/4b, Relaxed.

Is Everything Good for healthiness and length here?

Regimen:

-Shampoo Wash 1x weekly (Chagrin Valley bar & ACV rinse)
-Co-Wash 1x weekly
-Moisturize & Seal 1x-2x daily
-Deep Condition 2x weekly
-Prepoo before every shampoo wash
-Clarify 1-2x a month (My Build up is ALOT)
-Stretch Relaxers every 12-16 weeks! (First was a success!)
-Protective Styling
-Low Manipulation (I comb once daily because my hair sucks up moisture and wraps around itself and breaks, tried no combing, isn't for me)

Growth Aids: Megatek & Castor Oil

TIA!:)

WELCOME!!!!!! sound like you learned alot lurking:sekret:
..lol :lachen:
I see your using megatek so you are getting your protien just make sure that your deep conditioners are moisturizing you dont want protien overlode

WELCOME!!!!!! sound like you learned alot lurking:sekret:
..lol :lachen:
I see your using megatek so you are getting your protien just make sure that your deep conditioners are moisturizing you dont want protien overlode

:yep: Girl I was on here EVERYDAY while at work and I got EVERYTHING down...and Yes, I've made sure my DC's are moisture, Thank you for replying and welcoming!

Hey Lady! Welcome. Did you sign up in the Newbie thread?

From 1 Newbie to another -- This site is amazing. I have learned more here in a month than in a lifetime from stylists!

Anyway, did not know that castor oil was a growth aide, although I have seen it on the boards as a sealer. Curious . . . . Isn't it really thick? How is the smell? How are your ends?

My hair is very fine and sucks up moisture as well, so I am always looking for ways to keep it in.

-

Hey Lady! Welcome. Did you sign up in the Newbie thread?

From 1 Newbie to another -- This site is amazing. I have learned more here in a month than in a lifetime from stylists!

Anyway, did not know that castor oil was a growth aide, although I have seen it on the boards as a sealer. Curious . . . . Isn't it really thick? How is the smell? How are your ends?

My hair is very fine and sucks up moisture as well, so I am always looking for ways to keep it in.

-

Its has a thicker consistency but I'm only using it for my edges because I already have VERY thick hair, and due to constant braiding pre-LHCF, I have thick hair but thin edges so I take a cotton swab dip it in my castor oil (Its JBCO) & swipe it in my edges, IT STINKS!!!! But its masked with my NTM silk touch...my ends are VERY THICK because I used it for the ends but now that they are so thick I don't anymore..you can't see through them anymore....And Thank you! I'll make sure to check the newbie thread out. BUY IT if you have a thinness problem, I'll provide the link if you're interested...its authentic and cheap for the bottle size and the little you have to use. Here: http://www.sams247.com/jamaican-black-castor-oil.aspx

Last edited:
Welcome 123Action! Love the screen name.

Your regi looks good! What is your starting length?

NL...I was EL during the lurking period and I reached full NL in 3 months! All because of just caring!!! Thank You! And my screen name represents what is going to happen to my hair because of all you wonderful hair care women!

Back