Newbie and need style help!

soaries

Hello, ladies! I have been lurking for some time now, and just wanted to say HEY! Here is a little about me! I am relaxed with type 4a/b hair. I have been successfully growing my hair for the last two years with the help of several hair boards. I am confessing to being a hair obsessed product junkie! There I said it!
smile.gif

Ok ladies, I have a party to go to this weekend and need a hairstyle! I love my hair wavy, but can only seem to achieve this by having my hair crimped. This Saturday, will be eight weeks since my last relaxer. I am really trying to hold out on getting another relaxer until 14 weeks. I have tryed co washes and air drying but my hair turns into a big bush! I have tryed braid outs, turns out the same. What is the key? Plz help ladies, need to figure out something fast!

Thanks in advance!

Sonya

Hey girl...welcome
smile.gif

I actually have a great solution to your problem. Well it worked for me and a couple of my friends anyway.

I call it a twist-out:
-You wash and condition as normal
-Apply your favorite hair oil and some sort of curl defining product (I like one by citrus-shine)
-Then do a two-strand twist as a cornrow. It is attached to your head just like a cornrow might be but it is a two-stand twist instead of a braid. Do the twist cornrow straightback, and twist the ends that hang off of head as well and secure.
-Let hair dry COMPLETELY .
-Apply some oil to your fingers and careful unravel each twist, without disturbing the curl pattern that has been created.
-Finger style, but not too much or you'll make it frizzy.

The size and number of twists depend on how large you want the waves/curls to be.

I personally prefer the outcome of this style to crimping.
Plus it has the added benefit of applying no heat to hair.

Hope this helps
wink.gif

Hi Sonya,

Welcome to the board!
smile.gif
If you take a look at Brownrelaxedhair's photo album, she did a braid out using S-curl and her hair came out very nice. Here's a link to her album. It's the last two pictures. BRH Hair Album

BRH, hope you don't mind.
smile.gif

I haven't had must sucess with the braid out...I only got it right one time. I just wanted to welcome you to the club
wave.gif

Hi, I just want to say welcome. I'm natural and I don't have luck with braid outs either although I must admit
RabiaElaine's technique(flat twists) sounds like it would be good. I'm gonna try it myself...

Back