New to the board lookin for help!!!

Goldenchild

Hello Ladies,
I am new to the board so forgive me if I'm asking things that you all usually discuss regularly, I'm not familiar with the protocal here. Right now my hair is about 2 inches past my shoulder. I have grown out of a relaxer, but I get my hair done weekly (washed, conditioned, pressed, & flat ironed). I recently started a new work out regimen which does not agree too well with my hair appointment schedule. Do any of you have tips to keep hair looking decent and healthy while trying to get my body toned? Any suggestions will be well received.
Thanx

Golden, I really don't think that there is a way to keep your hair from reverting. Sweat will undo that press every time! And then if you are tempted to press your edges or the back, or wherever it is that you have sweated, you run the risk of damaging your hair over time because of too much heat.

I don't really have any advice, but I just wanted to say that if you want long, healthy hair and a healthy heart and toned body, you just might have to sacrifice by not having "perfectly straight pressed hair."

Yeah I know that the straight look is pretty much a no sale. I was just hoping for some style and care tips while getting my sweat on. I also want to continue to see my hair grow, last year this time it was cut in a chin length bob style, so now I want like 3 more inches but I know the stress of pulling it back all the time for the gym is gonna kill it

Welcome to the forum Golden Child!
smile.gif
I also exercise every day. I've been doing conditioner washes for about 2 weeks now, and it has really helped to keep my edges smooth. I don't do them every day...but I try 3 or more times a week. My last relaxer was about a month ago, and with the conditioner washes...it looks like the first week when I first had it done. There are a few waves throughout my hair...but my edges are straight. I like for some of my natural texture to show. When working out, I like to pin my hair under with a few bobby pins instead of pulling it back into a pony tail. This way it's not really pulling on my scalp.
smile.gif

Back