New to de-weaving: Need some help

Prettypsych

I'm new to weaving and I have a few questions...

- I'm coming up on 8 weeks. About how long will it take to take out and detangle?
- should I use a protein tx (like aphogee) the same day I detangle and wash?
- I plan to go to Aveda to have it blown out--how soon can i do it?
- for fun: about how much do you think an inch of 4b natural new growth under the braid will equal in additional length? :grin:

TIA

I'm not sure how long it will take you to detangle. Everyone hair is different. It ma take someone with coarse har longer than someone w/ thin hair, etc. Just be sure to take your time and detangle really, really well. I would also spray some Better Braids unbraid spray on your braids (after taking out the thread) This will soften your newgrowth, make it easier to take the braids aloose, and easier to detangle. Be sure to detangle one section at a time.

If your talking about Aphogee 2 min reconstructor, yes, you can use this. I would also use a moisturizing conditioner too since you're coming out of a sew in.

I'm coming up on 8 weeks. About how long will it take to take out and detangle? it takes me 1 1/2 to 2 hours to take out...I detangle as I go- should I use a protein tx (like aphogee) the same day I detangle and wash? You can, I ususally do a cholestrol deep condit after a take down...-
I plan to go to Aveda to have it blown out--how soon can i do it? I don't put any heat for about 3-4 days...other than my hooded dryer and put it in a profective style..-

for fun: about how much do you think an inch of 4b natural new growth under the braid will equal in additional length? now that would vary...hope you find some growth...

Back