New member...not sure where to start

Tai

I'm a newbie who found this site on a review for Carolyn Gray's book. Basically, I'm trying to figure out where to start. My hair type is a 3b/3c. I just bought Carolyn's book and I'm not done yet. I went out and bought vitamins and supplements, most of the ones I saw taken most frequently here (GNC Ultra Nourish Hair, Silica, Biotin, MSM, Vitamin E, etc) and since I was already a PJ who had all the wrong things according to the book, I've bought Aubrey's Island shampoo & GPB conditioner as well as the Kenra moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and ordered Salerm 21 & the wheat germ mask and KeraCare's hydrating shampoo & conditioner.
What I wanted to know is if wet wrapping would even work for someone with shoulder length, thick, relaxed hair or if I'd be better off doing a rollerset or the ponytail method to avoid using direct heat? I have no idea what type of oil to use on my hair. My stylist always said that I shouldn't use any oil on my hair due to the type
crazy.gif
and I'm used to having light, bouncy hair. Would using oils make that go away? Which oils are lighter or would I be better off trying to make my own?? Any advice would be appreciated..

Thanks
grin.gif

Welcome Tai
wave.gif
You have some good stuff there.
smile.gif
A great light oil that absorbs well is pure jojoba oil from the health food store. Remember you can always use cremes intead of oil if you like.

You can use a little coconut oil as a leave in. It sinks into the hair and dries non-greasy. I use Indian hair oils on my daughter (she's a 3b) with great success. You might want to read up on those. Do a search for indian hair products on the board.

Hi, you may be better off roller setting. Whenever I used to wet wrap my hair, I would still have to iron it out afterwards, it doesnt come out as straight and bouncy as a roller set does. When doing my sets, I use IC hair polisher and motions leave in, it result in light ringlets (refer to my album). Whenever I dry wrap the hair afterwards, I use ORS Olive Oil sheen which is very light on the hair if used appropriately.

Thank you for all the advice. I stopped by an Indian grocer and got Vatika and Amla lite oils. I also picked up some more rollers to do a roller set and the satin covered Hype Hair rollers, too. I think I'm ready to start my new hair journey.
smile.gif

Back