New growth and ponytail method

Crysdon

Quick questions:

Will the ponytail method work with an inch of newgrowth? Also, which is best to get hair straight...ponytail on top of head or ponytail at base of neck?

It straigtens my new growth well but then again, I have fine hair.

I've done one ponytail at the base of the neck and have done one on each side like Pippi Longstocking, but sometimes my hair dries that way and when I would wear it down my hair would "lean" or have that permanent part that it dried in. Again I attribute this to my thin hair.

This last time, I put in I wet my roots, put in a few more ponytails at random, and did it that way which better cooperation from my hair.

What helps also if you do one or who or however many, tie a silk scarf around your hairline. Your hair will be straight all over.

Ewww! Horrible typos - sorry.

I meant to write that I moisturized my wet roots...
AND

"and did it that way with better cooperation from my hair"

sorry i missed this when it was originally posted...

with the ponytail method, for me the key is the curl activator and gel combo. the activator softens the new growth tremendously, and the gel keeps the hair in place once it's smoothed down. i've waited as long as six months between touch ups and had no problem smoothing new growth using this method. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

Adrienne and pmichael,

Thanks for the responses. Do you apply the activator EVERY DAY? I think that would be a problem for me, see I live in the Midwest and it's about 20 or 30 degrees outside and I don't want to leave out into the cold with a semi-wet head.

I like using Leave-In Conditioner like the Ultra Black Hair Dew to soften my new growth. It really works wonders for my hair.

I thought I was the only one who liked the hair dew by Cathy Howes. It's wonderful on my hair. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

After I wash my hair, Dew is the first moisturizer I reach for. I usually air dry. But on Saturday after I had my relaxer, I lightly sprayed it with dew and styled my hair. It left my hair nice and soft and with a nice shine. It's really an excellent product and my favorite moisturizer. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Heck noooo. Heat what? Besides a hood dryer, that's the only heat my hair sees besides body heat /images/graemlins/smile.gif

After I wash my hair, and I roller set it, I use the Arosci Leave-In Treatment, as it leaves my hair really soft and you can use as much as you like.

If I notice that my hair line isn't as soft as I like it because of whatever reason during the week or I feel as if my hair is lacking moisture, when I wrap my hair at night, after wrapping it, I'll spray some Hair Dew onto my hair liberally, apply a little hair oil to seal the moisture in and tie my scarf down. By morning, my hair is even straighter and softer.

i actually don't think the activator is necessary every day. i just have this thing about using it daily. lol! if you have something like a pomade, you could use that to smooth down daily so you don't have to keep rewetting your hair. i really like this product:

Beyond the Zone Stiff Head

i use it for hairs that are stubborn and won't lay down. i rub the stick right on those hairs. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

Back