New Dominican Stylist Technique

vevster

I found a new dominican stylist... her name is Melfi and believe it or not she turned her stand-alone garage into a salon! Anyway, one thing she does use is the famouse Wild Growth Hair Oil. She puts it on the scalp prior to a roller set. Has anyone else used the oil this way? I've never used WGHO before but since I heard about it from this board was was fine with it...

Would that technique make fine-hair women have limp curls when the rollers come out?

I used Wild Growth Oil a long time ago. Every time I oiled my scalp with it, I would get this strange taste in my mouth (again, ONLY when I oiled my scalp with this oil). I know, quite strange. One of my cats (Laa Laa) would try to eat my hair every time she smelled the oil on my hair.
shocked.gif
Needless to say, I kept my hair covered around her.
laugh.gif
After that one bottle, I never purchased it again.

I never tried it that way, but it makes sense. Sometimes I would put it on my relaxed hair and wear a heat cap for about 5 minutes before applying the rest of my products and putting my hair into a ponytail to air-dry. My hair dried really soft!

@ vev:
Was your hair super soft and frizz free?

Ive used WGO on my thick new growth when doing a rollerset. When dry, my roots were straight without any smell.

I sometimes do that on my daughter's hair when I set it. I rub a little of the oil on her scalp on each section as I go along. It didn't make her hair limp, it came out nice & shiny. We haven't used it in a while; she got tired of the smell!!
barf.gif
I refuse to put that stinky stuff in my hair.

I've used this WGO. I purchased one bottle and I threw it out after 2 months!
I thought I would be able to get past the SMELL, but I couldn't deal with it any longer!!!
**I must say, it did work well on my new-growth**

[ QUOTE ]
KitaWita,

When you use WGO on wet or damp hair it dries without the yucky smell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!

Back