New Color

SummerSolstice

New Color (actual photos this time)

I went to see James at Bubbles in Cleveland Park this weekend. This is my BOO FOR LIFE! He does an amazing blow out, I am kinda upset we didnt have the time.

Anyways, my problem was that some of my hair is damaged from bleaching, but I had a huge line of demarcation. So I am trying to transition into all over color with face framing highlights.

Saturday all we did was a base color. I usually prefer Aveda but it didn't come in the mail fast enough, so we ended up using Loreal for dark hair. I think it was O/Y but I'm not sure.

My biggest concern was the warmth. I didn't want red/auburn hair. He definitely did a good job making sure i wasn't rojo at the end of everything. And then the gloss treatment he gave me made my WNG SO SOFT!!!!

IMAG0441-vi.jpg

before -_- i waited WAYYYYY too long to get a touch up

IMAG0786-vi.jpg

Base color

IMAG0787-vi.jpg

gloss the ends... he's so cute! (yes he is a big white guy with locs. :look:)

IMAG0792-vi.jpg

After... there was no time for a blow out so instead he showed me how to do this updo for work :lachen:

IMAG0801-vi.jpg

Yesterday WNG with Redken smooth down butter treat left in, sealed with Shea Oil and isoplus clear gel. IT was and is STILL SOFT!!!! The treaatment he gave me to close my cuticles made a HUUUUUGE difference. My hair is usually much dryer for a WNG

IMAG0813-vi.jpg

Today's pony... still soft and stretched.

I will post his info later, and some pics in the sunlight if i ever see any (work keeps me inside -_-)

Last edited:
SummerSolstice said:
Thanks! The Bubbles in Cleveland Park NW DC

Thanks =)

THANK YOU!!!

I'll have to try them. I've been wanting streaks and I don't have a colorist here in DC. I usually go home and get color. I want to make sure my hair is strong enough for it tho.

I'll have to try them. I've been wanting streaks and I don't have a colorist here in DC. I usually go home and get color. I want to make sure my hair is strong enough for it tho.

Um, no offense to the other girls but only go to James. He is a colorist and has been for several years and I used to work with him... I have seen his work before. The other girls, not so sure.
And he is excellent with natural hair due to his mixed family. He told me his goal was to get mine as long and as healthy as possible while staying light. I didn't even say anything when I sat down... that was all him. :love:

Yay the pics are working! You look great.

What is your regimen? Do you need a lot of protein because of the color?

Back