never shampooing my hair again!

coolsista-paris

ok i dont know if im the only one but let me explain the problem.

since i've been natural ive leart that using noo poo method keeps the hair soft and all. si thats what i usually do ,noo poo.

But as i took out crochet braids that i had kept for a month (of course i washed my hair while having them) i wanted to do a deep cleaning. SO i decided to use SHAMPOO!

i left in a little bit of conditionner to keep moist but anyway because of shampoo my hair was hard!!
even using my home made magic mayonaise that usually detangles my hair so well and leaves it soft didnt help!!!
usualy when i do my mayonaise i comb through so well BUT this time the wide tooth comb didnt wanna pass it was just blocking and the hair was dry!

i did my twists anyway, but they are sooo dry !

depends on the shampoo you use
some strip your hair of its natural oil while a conditioning shampoo will not. another trick is to apply the shampoo to your scalp and not the hair especially the ends.

Did you use a shampoo with SLS? I only use SLS free shampoos and I have no problem with stripping.

depends on the shampoo you use
some strip your hair of its natural oil while a conditioning shampoo will not. another trick is to apply the shampoo to your scalp and not the hair especially the ends.

but the shampoo i had was a special one. it has no silicones,no fragrance ,almost nothing harmful. weard. i didnt know it was better to put it onto scalp only.

maybe i should stick to noo poo+ baking soda ,it cleans very well.my hair feels clean and soft.

i feel so bad on top of that i feel like my hair is not growing (maybe im wrong) but it feels like it sooooo slow now. plus i found some hair breaking ...!!! all that is annoying me

the hair will grow and since it is natural, i dont think you have to worry too much about breakage.
ten years ago, I grew my natural hair in 3 yrs to almost bra stap by washing once in 3 months with soap and using petroleum jelly, no deep condish, no shampoo. I didnt know any better.
like i said, it will grow.

the hair will grow and since it is natural, i dont think you have to worry too much about breakage.
ten years ago, I grew my natural hair in 3 yrs to almost bra stap by washing once in 3 months with soap and using petroleum jelly, no deep condish, no shampoo. I didnt know any better.

wow! lucky you! you must've been eating well and all. or maybe not?
well let me cross my fingers and keep the hair up in protective styles until i get to the length i want.
thank you for your answer

Sorry, have to ask it, what's your hair type?

but the shampoo i had was a special one. it has no silicones,no fragrance ,almost nothing harmful. weard. i didnt know it was better to put it onto scalp only.

maybe i should stick to noo poo+ baking soda ,it cleans very well.my hair feels clean and soft.

i feel so bad on top of that i feel like my hair is not growing (maybe im wrong) but it feels like it sooooo slow now. plus i found some hair breaking ...!!! all that is annoying me

What is the name of the shampoo

May I be nosy and ask what the shampoo you used is? I don't think you've mentioned it.

CON shampoo that many people like makes my hair hard and dull. It's good while I'm using it, but after I rinse, my hair has this dull look to it, as if coated with something filmy and then gets very hard. I do better with other shampoos, even SLS ones!

I'm sorry to get off topic, but did the NO POO method work for your hair in keeping it soft?

yes it helps kep my hair soft. if you don't feel clean enough add baking soda.

then wwhen finished rincing it out,leave in a tiny bit of conditionner. or leave in the conditionner after rincing out the mayonaise treatment.

May I be nosy and ask what the shampoo you used is? I don't think you've mentioned it.

CON shampoo that many people like makes my hair hard and dull. It's good while I'm using it, but after I rinse, my hair has this dull look to it, as if coated with something filmy and then gets very hard. I do better with other shampoos, even SLS ones!

This shampoo makes my hair feel kind of gummy, but on my son's hair it is great.

wow! lucky you! you must've been eating well and all. or maybe not?
well let me cross my fingers and keep the hair up in protective styles until i get to the length i want.
thank you for your answer

I'm believing to get to brastrap in 3 years as well. It's definitely doable.

I'm believing to get to brastrap in 3 years as well. It's definitely doable.

three years!!! wow. i just cant imagine getting there. maybe cause im counting wrong. my last relaxer was in december 2007, i bc in november 2008. maybe i should start counting from 2008. thats why i dont know if i should say "im now 2 years growth or what"...just lost

Back