Neutrogena Triple Moisture REVIEW!

Boadicea

You knew sooner or later I was going to roll around and right up a review.
grin.gif

I've been trying to resist buying more stuff, but DSD just HAD to post her review on it, so I got my sick behind out of bed (My allergies are out for my insurance money.) and went out in the rain to buy the Triple Moisture Silk Touch leave-in, the Healing Shine Serum, and the Deep Recovery Hair Mask.

Deep Recovery Hair Mask: This is a THICK, milky peach colored deep conditioner with a synthetic fruity smell (actually, all three products have the same smell). It had a moderate spread, meaning one should rub it in their hands first, and then apply it to the hair.

Once on the hair, most of it sank right in, which surprised me because the consistency is so thick! Right away, even though it had only been on my hair for less than a minute, my hair was instantly softened.

I left it in for 5 minutes without heat. After rinsing it out, the moisture, softness, and shine didn't go down the drain with the water, like some deep conditioners do. This deep conditioner also provided great slip, so it was easy to detangle my hair.

The Verdict: 9 out of 10
I would definitely buy this product again. Next time I'm going to use my EVOO and put this on top. This product is fantastic! Soft, supple, moisturized hair in a jar!

Silk Touch Leave-in Cream: This eggshell-white leave in is more like a "runny" cream-like leave-in rather than a true cream leave-in. All in all, it did what it says it will do on the bottle: "softens, smoothes and conditioner hair for exceptional manageability".

The spread was a little forced, and I had to use a half dollar amount, but I still reaped fabulous results.

The Verdict: 8 out of 10
Just doesn't compare with Salerm 21, but it's still a great leave-in. Lays the smack-down on fly-aways and lends softness to the hair.

Healing Shine Serum: The back of the bottle says to use just 2-3 drops, but I used a lot more than that because I put it all over my hair. Like the leave-in, it's a little runny, but easy to spread. It's light and non-sticky.

Because my hair is lightly relaxed, it's still curly and coarse. Shine on my air dried hair and shine on my hair when it's blow dried look nothing alike. However, it gave my hair a glass-like shine while wet and curly. When I combed it out to stretch out the curls, the shine was magnified two-fold!

The Verdict: 50 out of 10
But to make more sense, 10 out of 10. Unparalleled shine and softness. You want some serious shine? Well, grab a pair of Raybans and buy a bottle of this serum!

The Last Word:
If you're going for a Dominican blow-out, I believe these three products would be very beneficial! My hair has unrivaled softness right now and I didn't even use any heat on it. I can just imagine how it'll be swinging and bouncing if I got a roller set.

Also, DO NOT buy ANY of the Neutrogena Triple Moisture products at CVS unless you have some deeply discounted coupons. For some reason CVS is charging $7.39 for all of the Triple Moisture products while other places are charging the regular price of $4.99-5.99

I need to go ahead and purchase some Neutrogena stock quick!!! You ladies are going to make it shoot through the roof!!!
laugh.gif

Thanks for the review, Bo!

I can just imagine how it'll be swinging and bouncing if I got a roller set.

you are caorrect! i did a rollerset with the leave-in and serum (it did not weigh my hair down) and my rollerset was absolutely beautiful. i had so much shine, smoothness, & body...it was unreal!

I didn't use it with heat, and I left it on for five minutes.

I'll edit that into my first post, I forgot about it!

From what I've tried, Neutrogena Triple Moisture (NTM) is much better than the Smooth Down (SD) line. NTM lends a greater moisturized softness and silkiness than SD.

These products work great, even on natural hair. I used the same 3 products as Boadicea, in addition to the shampoo. They worked great. If you are going to purchase $20 worth of these products, Walgreen's will send you a $10 gift card in the mail.

The only product from the line I want to try is the serum and it's nowhere to be found in my town.
mad.gif

(I can't get past the potting soil scent of the poo and cond.
crazy.gif
)

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
The only product from the line I want to try is the serum and it's nowhere to be found in my town.
mad.gif

crazy.gif
)

[/ QUOTE ]

Sassygirl, please don't sleep on that shampoo!! Get over the smell and get some girl. You'll be so glad you did.
laugh.gif

All these reviews are really, really, making me want to try the mask and serum in this line. I may just have to check out the prices at Walmart and Walgreens soon.

I did't buy the following because:

~NTM shampoo: I already have a TON of shampoo.

~NTM conditioner: I refuse to believe another conditioner can hold a candle to PDMR (pantene daily moisture renewal)

~NTM foam leave-in: My hair hates foam anything. Foam products make my hair feel dry.

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
mad.gif

crazy.gif
)

[/ QUOTE ]
I have not seen the serum either Sassy I know it must be in one of our towns I have not really been looking for it though.
ohwell.gif

Back