Nervous about relaxer

leona2025

I have been using the same relaxer for about 3 or more years. Optimum Regular Anti Breakage Relaxer which I have loved. My last 3 touchups didn't take at all and purchased them all from different BBS. When I was younger my mother used Super relaxers on my hair. So I bought a super this time, but I'm very scared to try it. Do you guys think I should try it or should I purchase a different regular relaxer?

I only use Optimum relaxers too and I use super. But I have extremely coarse tightly coiled hair, using a regular is like using a mild. If you have the same type of hair Id say you would be ok. But if your hair easily relaxes with a regular I wouldnt chance it with a super, unless you cut the application time in half at least.

I think you should make sure you're not using any serums on your hair. Are you using any serums at all? Like Chi Silk Infusion or Paul Mitchell Serum or even shiny serums? Because those will prevent a relaxer from "working".

I remember I texlaxed once after putting Chi on the day before without knowing that it prevents relaxing....why did my hair look like I had just washed it and that's all.

So before you use a Super (which I don't know anyone that REALLY needs a super strength relaxer) make sure the products you're using in your hair aren't building up on the strands, making relaxing impossible. :yep:

Bear in mind that I'm a texlaxer, so I may not be the best person to give advice on going bone straight.

I think you should make sure you're not using any serums on your hair. Are you using any serums at all? Like Chi Silk Infusion or Paul Mitchell Serum or even shiny serums? Because those will prevent a relaxer from "working".

I remember I texlaxed once after putting Chi on the day before without knowing that it prevents relaxing....why did my hair look like I had just washed it and that's all.

So before you use a Super (which I don't know anyone that REALLY needs a super strength relaxer) make sure the products you're using in your hair aren't building up on the strands, making relaxing impossible. :yep:

Bear in mind that I'm a texlaxer, so I may not be the best person to give advice on going bone straight.

I don't use any serums at all. The only thing I have ever used for shine was Hotsix oil and very recently I tried a clear rinse. Before I started taking care of my hair it had thinned out and was very easy to relax. Which was why I switched to regulars, but since I've been taking good care of my hair the mild relaxers are not working. When I was younger and there wasn't any damage from heat and styling and dryness even the super relaxers would leave my hair underprocessed.

Back