Need suggestions for flat iron that heats to 450 degrees

MRJ1972

with a price range of 30 to 60 dollars :look:

I am wearing Extensions Plus Relaxed Texture with my current install and read that 450 degrees is needed to keep hair straight and to prevent reversion.

My current flat iron goes to 410 degrees.

All suggestions are welcome...The cheaper the better...I will only use it on the weave and continue using a lower temp on my leave out!!!!

Thanks in advance!

You can get a used FHI Technique on eBay for about $40. A new one will be about $75 + shipping. It heats to 450. This is for the large size - 1 3/4". I'm not sure about the small ones.

Go to tj maxx or marshalls - they have higher end flat irons on substantial markdown. In my area they always seem to have a lot of Babyliss irons - these go to 450 or 465. I paid either 29.99 or 39.99 (I don't recall) for my Babyliss. It's the one with the orange plates - and I only use it for wig/weave hair (I use pressing combs for my hair) and it is fine as far as that goes. They also have brands I'm not familiar with that appear to be good quality. I've never noticed any priced above 60 bucks.

I use the FHI 207 RVI. and right now, they are on sale (I can not think of the website right now, but it's where everyone goes to buy hair tools... I'll come back with it in a minute).

The Celebrity Styler by Paris Hilton. I know it sounds crazy, but it works AMAZINGLY. And its like $35 (including shipping) on Amazon right now.

Back