Need something good to press with!!

meverllyn1

I'm almost natural now, I haven't press my hair in years. I'm looking for a pressing product that I don't have to applied a whole lot of heat with, but will give me a silky, straight finish without weighing it down. And I also need a good product that would protect my hair from the heat. Please;) , I need help.

Try Dudley's Creme Press.....it's the best pressing creme that I have come across. Other good ones are: Dax Pressing Oil, Apex Pressing Oil, and Ultra Sheen Satin Press.

-Pet

I'm not natural, but I LOVE Keracare's Creme Press!!! It's not too heavy greasy, leaves my hair "swangin". Plus when I do press my hair, it lasts until my next wash day.

How do u use pressing creams? I always thought grease burns the hair when used with heat. Are these petroleum based products? Can u use them with a flat iron or do they need to be used with a pressing creme?

Dymondz7 - Oops:blush: It's Lady Hilda Water Repellent Silicone Press & Curl with Lanolin, not Queen Helene:blush:I've had it for many, many moons & got it from a BSS outside of Boston.....I have a huge 15oz jar. A girl in college was using it & her hair was straight w/swang when she used it so I gave it a try. My hair comes out straight & shiny & it lasts. IMHO, it is better than both Dax & Soft Sheen Creme press that I used before. Both left my hair feeling greasy:nono: I never tried the Apex. Since I rarely press, but tend to flat iron, I like to use the Paul Mitchell serum before drying (whether rollerset, airdry or blowdry[very rare])& will use a small amount of this on the hair before applying heat.

I don't have a picture but the product itself is green; The ingredients are: Petrolatum, Mineral oil, Parafan Wax, Beeswax, Lanolin, Dimethicone, Fragrance, D&C Yellow #11, D&C Green #6, D&C Orange #4...I know not the best ingredients, but it is good for preventing reversion in humidity & it works, for me at least.

Back