Need some straightening tips!

Channy31

I've been straightening my hair for many years now but whatever happens when I go out it gets frizzy. Tomorrow is my last ever summer ball at my university. Its from 8pm-6am so it needs to stay frizz free for as long as possible.
I'd also love to show off my near waist length hair!

I need some tips on how to get the best result possible.
And yes I already deep condition and have tons of serums and oils which I use.

Also, I can't roller set because all my roller setting stuff is at home whilst i'm at university.

I really need some tips regarding actual technique, should I blow dry? Blow dry it straight? How wet should my hair be before?

Results I would like:
2n8c1uu.jpg

Do a really serious pre poo as well as a DC
Should help get better results
Definitely tension blow dry and then flat iron super small sections

I just straightened my hair last week. Probably not a good idea since we've been having freaking monsoons here for the past few weeks, but I thought it would be a good experiment. I had been sick for a while, so my hair was super dirty. I pre-pooed with V05 clarifying cond, clarified, and used Nexxus Polymedic recon. Then I shamppoed again (as per the instructions) with a moisturizing poo, dc'd (with moisture and some smoothing cond), closed the cuticle, blow dried, and flat ironed in small sections.

I say all that to say, my hair frizzed right up almost immediately! :lol: So. I thought about it and decided that, next time, I'll do all that PLUS some kind of keratin spray leave-in. I'm thinking that something like Aphoghee Green Tea, Tiger recon spray, or DE straightening spray will weigh down my fine and frizzy strands long enough for me to at least take pics. :rolleyes:

Hope that was helpful in some way, I'm trynna figure it out too.

Thanks!

I've also blow dried my hair as straight as I could and have bought a boar bristle brush for straightening. See what happens!

I've been straightening my hair for many years now but whatever happens when I go out it gets frizzy. Tomorrow is my last ever summer ball at my university. Its from 8pm-6am so it needs to stay frizz free for as long as possible.
I'd also love to show off my near waist length hair!

I need some tips on how to get the best result possible.
And yes I already deep condition and have tons of serums and oils which I use.

Also, I can't roller set because all my roller setting stuff is at home whilst i'm at university.

I really need some tips regarding actual technique, should I blow dry? Blow dry it straight? How wet should my hair be before?

Results I would like:
2n8c1uu.jpg

Tresemme 7 Day Keratin Treatment (not permanent, no where close) and an Instyler give me silky smooth hair. I'm 3b/c ish with some 4a.

Back