Need More Help...

LadyBlu

I am about to give up on this whole twist out/ braid out thing. I just can't get it right. I am going to try one last time.

Last night after CO washing, I put about 6 two strand twists in my hair. I am really "challenged" when it comes to doing my own hair, but I got them as close to the scalp as possible.

Oh yeah, I used leave in and serum on my hair before twisting it. I put perm rods on the ends and went to bed. Well, when I took it down, it was a dry, crunchy, poofy, frizzy MESS!!

I see so many ladies on here that get beautiful twist outs. What am I doing wrong?

Someone suggested doing trying a twist out on dry hair. Can someone post detailed instructions on how to do this?

What products should I use and how much? Is it better to twist or braid? Corn row or loose? HELP!! I need a style for 8 weeks post and beyond when the buns start looking bad. Thanks!

Braids give more definition for a braid out. It was my favorite style when I was relaxed, but for a nice look it's better to rinse or cowash and redo the process after a few days.

I am about to give up on this whole twist out/ braid out thing. I just can't get it right. I am going to try one last time.

Last night after CO washing, I put about 6 two strand twists in my hair. I am really "challenged" when it comes to doing my own hair, but I got them as close to the scalp as possible.

Oh yeah, I used leave in and serum on my hair before twisting it. I put perm rods on the ends and went to bed. Well, when I took it down, it was a dry, crunchy, poofy, frizzy MESS!!

I see so many ladies on here that get beautiful twist outs. What am I doing wrong?

Someone suggested doing trying a twist out on dry hair. Can someone post detailed instructions on how to do this?

What products should I use and how much? Is it better to twist or braid? Corn row or loose? HELP!! I need a style for 8 weeks post and beyond when the buns start looking bad. Thanks!

I corn row about 6 going straight back - I used mango butter and oil to seal. Undue in morning and as you see from pic - those were my results.

Back