Need instructions on Rollersetting w/Bobbie Pins

Crysdon

Hi ladies,

I want to try to eliminate as much heat as possible, so I'm doing rollersets and flat ironing the roots only.

HOWEVER...I saw a post by Nay007 and she stated that you can get straight roots if you use bobbie pins with your rollerset.

Anyone have pics and/or detailed instructions on how to do this.

TIA

Hey Crysdon! Do you know what rollers are good to get and where you can get them from and how much they are?

Thanks!

I got the big grey rollers from Sallys. I think they're 1 1/2 or 2 inches wide. I don't know the name, but they're magnetic and come in a plastic bag.

Crysdon I have tried using bobbie pins to do my roller sets and could not figure out how to make them tight enough to straighten my new growth. I use the long, duck bill like clips and that seems to work better for me. I also use the grey magnetic rollers.

Caramelhonee (i believe) has some instructions posted somewhere. I'll try to find it for you.

The key is to comb the hair to be rolled forward (if you're rolling backwards) and roll it from a 45 degree angle. This way when the roller meets the base it's actually sitting on the hair and not on the part. ( I hope that made sense). Any way, this base (of hair) is where u attach the duck bill clips on both sides. It takes practice so don't get discouraged. I still can't get mine really, really tight like the Dominicans.

Thanks for the info Armyqt. I'm printing these off right now.

I already use the professional clips that tuck into the roller. They're fine, but I still have to use my flat iron to get my roots straight.

I saw a post by Nay 007 and she stated that using bobbie pins instead of clips would make the roots straighter.

Do you think the bobbie pins hold the rollers tighter than the clips?

TIA

Back