Need Help With Breakage

Kiadodie

I went to get my hair cut yesterday and although my hair is healthy my hair dresser said my hair on ONE side is breaking.

It's been a while but what is good for breakage? I'm 75% natural and i have a while to go but I want to keep it healthy. I minimized my use of heat too. Do I need a protein treatment??? IS it lack of protein or lack of moisture?

CDLJUSIBXp-d1jSZ33ghccyH7aGWPht4V9eU87yNVshlDG_hBjqHkUeXD3VYDk8TiIj4JaokO6XrniIEMOIwiC9eMiOYPJXC_P7SB-dLPEG8LoIpi-9Qzv-YBvdgYYsocfQhqaOuzNSgsaUOYF6xG0SE2uKLCcQQQMhCRstbVsGZPAahNHP2bFOe1Bzw_bzVAHLPvJombQUJsqwVp1G-MMt2K24OW92wqIOYZca0JTSV0iYvRfwDYOBpxAFYTfKKPMchYr66WkoqRkXgclyWAOK_F2zsvoNoad78JdR0XaWA1WeHvdj8m5Y3ILkokuz_y5MRkWR-dUeyo_HMfAfmONXQIT7FtEafwZVcs4MCRSZxRtE0j4PlZQpeGgdusfsb_2BPeJw_AWq_ejSEBCh7Hj5BMeT6NnrWtpXuP6sd2EXhX6-7OoLdGdBHpJfqbHYOuANrSdwnhcO2bMjyHBjuf3KJAwo1oxXrsFzPN98kdH8lLO9z-5ORaX2qtxPpVLju-DJTfYw-FJba68aOZMhTN8lCXGxSKJHe3TIEc3CwpyQpfgu0wjMe_JBgKg6se7Gnq5Gx9cHd_NYIEFAHll2ViAb07JSrVMVpRB8-8qTvjVcE0lgVpU4RNA=w488-h508-no

Last edited:
I went to get my hair cut yesterday and although my hair is healthy my hair dresser said my hair on ONE side is breaking.

It's been a while but what is good for breakage? I'm 75% natural and i have a while to go but I want to keep it healthy. I minimized my use of heat too. Do I need a protein treatment??? IS it lack of protein or lack of moisture?

CDLJUSIBXp-d1jSZ33ghccyH7aGWPht4V9eU87yNVshlDG_hBjqHkUeXD3VYDk8TiIj4JaokO6XrniIEMOIwiC9eMiOYPJXC_P7SB-dLPEG8LoIpi-9Qzv-YBvdgYYsocfQhqaOuzNSgsaUOYF6xG0SE2uKLCcQQQMhCRstbVsGZPAahNHP2bFOe1Bzw_bzVAHLPvJombQUJsqwVp1G-MMt2K24OW92wqIOYZca0JTSV0iYvRfwDYOBpxAFYTfKKPMchYr66WkoqRkXgclyWAOK_F2zsvoNoad78JdR0XaWA1WeHvdj8m5Y3ILkokuz_y5MRkWR-dUeyo_HMfAfmONXQIT7FtEafwZVcs4MCRSZxRtE0j4PlZQpeGgdusfsb_2BPeJw_AWq_ejSEBCh7Hj5BMeT6NnrWtpXuP6sd2EXhX6-7OoLdGdBHpJfqbHYOuANrSdwnhcO2bMjyHBjuf3KJAwo1oxXrsFzPN98kdH8lLO9z-5ORaX2qtxPpVLju-DJTfYw-FJba68aOZMhTN8lCXGxSKJHe3TIEc3CwpyQpfgu0wjMe_JBgKg6se7Gnq5Gx9cHd_NYIEFAHll2ViAb07JSrVMVpRB8-8qTvjVcE0lgVpU4RNA=w488-h508-no
Are your ends colored/bleached? I would start off with getting rid of those colored ends, cutting all the way up to the part that is severely broken.

It's your ends. Once you get them cut, just take care of them with washing, deep conditioning, Moisturizing and sealing.

Did she suggest a trim? Did you decline? Those ends will not allow your hair to receive what it needs. No amount of products or methods, will make a difference.

Are your ends colored/bleached? I would start off with getting rid of those colored ends, cutting all the way up to the part that is severely broken.

It's your ends. Once you get them cut, just take care of them with washing, deep conditioning, Moisturizing and sealing.

Did she suggest a trim? Did you decline? Those ends will not allow your hair to receive what it needs. No amount of products or methods, will make a difference.

Thank you! Yes, she actually suggested taking off like about 3 inches and I was like no lol. So she did trim about an inch and 1/2. You might be right. I had bleached my ends last summer but my hair was relaxed AND had keratin on it too SMH. So it might be all of that on the ends.

Thank you! Yes, she actually suggested taking off like about 3 inches and I was like no lol. So she did trim about an inch and 1/2. You might be right. I had bleached my ends last summer but my hair was relaxed AND had keratin on it too SMH. So it might be all of that on the ends.
I had to cut off 3.5 inches of hair due to that. I bleached my ends and was using a protein based gel everyday.
I recently had somebody rip some hair out, causing breakage, and I had to cut again.

You will still have a very nice length. I would cut it. Your hair will flourish and you will be back to the length in no time. Don't spend money on products, or time consuming treatments trying to save those ends. Even cutting once a month won't do much good. They will have a negative impact on your hairstyles.

Back