(???) NEED HELP on My Regime AGAIN...just one more time (!!!)

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I'm transitioning and only have time to wash my hair once a week. As some of you may already know, I want to stop using shampoo. But I use styling products (S-Curl and Citre Shine gel) about 3 times a week. From what I have read from several posts, conditioner washes aren't going to me unless I do them daily or use less products (build-up issues). So does this sound like a better plan once a week???...

1. Wet hair and pre-wash with EVOO (30mins or overnight)
2. Do ACV rinse (to clarify)
3. Deep Condition (45-60 minutes w/o heat)
4. Rinse conditioner out

Next, I'll apply Suave Humectant as a leave-in, S-curl for moisture and style in a bun. Then apply Citre Shine gel to my edges and tie with a scarf.

How about that??? If not, please advise. :grin:

Thanks in advance! :antlers:

Last edited:
When I do conditioner washes I clarify once a week....u think u will have too much build up to do that?

Tonya said:
When I do conditioner washes I clarify once a week....u think u will have too much build up to do that?
How often do you conditioner wash though???

Offtopic...that's a HUGE pic in your signature. It's distorting my thread!!! :lol:

Poohbear said:
How often do you conditioner wash though???

Offtopic...that's a HUGE pic in your signature. It's distorting my thread!!! :lol:
haha...he's a HUGE part of my life...haha

I co wash every 3 days.

Tonya said:
haha...he's a HUGE part of my life...haha

I co wash every 3 days.
Well he's cute... just like you! ;)

See, I wanted to co-wash once a week but that's pointless if I'm applying products throughout the week or if I'm not going to co-wash my hair more often. So I will have buildup from applying S-Curl and gel about 3 times a week. ;)

Yeah...It was hard for me to be successful with them too when I used allot of gel. What type of gel do u use? Is it light? Ithas been my experience that S curl rinses out well...WITHOUT a heavy gel.
Even if u cna not change your regime...your hair is coming along great..so don;t sweat it.:)

(Oh and thanks for the compliment!)

Tonya said:
Yeah...It was hard for me to be successful with them too when I used allot of gel. What type of gel do u use? Is it light? Ithas been my experience that S curl rinses out well...WITHOUT a heavy gel.
Even if u cna not change your regime...your hair is coming along great..so don;t sweat it.:)

(Oh and thanks for the compliment!)
The gel I use is pretty light. :yep: It doesn't dry hard or anything and I I only use it when I get frizzy hair around the edges.

Many ladies here say S-Curl and gel will build-up on my hair, but I think it's pretty light on my hair... so that's why I'm so confused.

And I use LeKair Cholesterol Plus to deep condition which I do not leave on my hair and they said that can cause build-up...how if I rinse it out of my hair? :confused:

I don;t use Lekair Cholestrerol because it is too thick for my hair and it does leave build up...what about Suave Humectant or a V05 conditionerS? I alternate between the V05 conditioners and Suabe milk and honey or tropical coconut.

Tonya said:
I don;t use Lekair Cholestrerol because it is too thick for my hair and it does leave build up...what about Suave Humectant or a V05 conditionerS? I alternate between the V05 conditioners and Suabe milk and honey or tropical coconut.
So I should use Suave Humectant or VO5 as a DEEP conditioner??? :confused: Hmm, that doesnt sound like a bad idea since I have fine textured hair. :)

Hey PB- is there any reason why you're set on not using shampoo ever? I tried this method and I know peoples' hair respond to different things but I couldn't take it beyond 2-3 weeks. Maybe I've been conditioned to associate those bubbles with cleanliness but my hair just seems much happy with some shampoo (CON and Therappe are my staples).

Tamika said:

Thanks for posting this article! I just read the whole thing! At first I was even more confused but then I started to get the point.
Co-washes sound good and make my hair feel good, but with using products and having your own natural oils build up on your scalp is not a good idea. I like the example she gave with trying to clean vaseline off your hands with conditioner...just more build-up! Won't work!
So I'm gonna stick with shampooing and go buy me a non-harsh shampoo. I'll just use conditioner as a leave-in after each wash. :yep:

kristina said:
Hey PB- is there any reason why you're set on not using shampoo ever? I tried this method and I know peoples' hair respond to different things but I couldn't take it beyond 2-3 weeks. Maybe I've been conditioned to associate those bubbles with cleanliness but my hair just seems much happy with some shampoo (CON and Therappe are my staples).
I think because I havent found the right shampoo for my hair. I had a bad experience with Creme of Nature which stuck to my hair and these clarifying shampoos which are too harsh for my hair. Also the fact that I keep hearing shampoo isn't good for natural hair. Well, neither is doing conditioner washes ONLY because of the gradual buildup. I will either get Motions Lavish, Herbal Essence, or Mane N Tail Shampoo. ;)

I think you should just keep searching for the right shampoo. I tried conditioner washing on and off and I've found my hair is no different either way. My hair felt the same, looked the same, and grew the same...because no matter what I was still using something to clarify my hair (baking soda or ACV) so what was the point? I could have been using shampoo, lol.

I am going to try the Aubrey's Organic stuff. I have been reading up on the ingredients in other shampoos and what they actually do and yuck. I think I am gonna go all natural for everything.

landakaye said:
I am going to try the Aubrey's Organic stuff. I have been reading up on the ingredients in other shampoos and what they actually do and yuck. I think I am gonna go all natural for everything.
oh i forgot about using natural products like aubrey organics. i'll have to check those out too!!!

Back