Need a touch up around the edges

elaine

Are there any of you who touch up their edges. I am 7 weeks into my relaxer and my hair is fine except for my edges around my hairline and the nape of my neck. It is like I have relaxed hair with an afro on the edges. Please help

I love to use soft hold gels. Pink oil gel is great to me with a little bit of water sprayed on the sides. Spritz with water and then use some gel and voila! I have been doing this for years!!!

Yes, I've heard of people who only relax their hair around the edges. In fact, my Mom went with me to my stylist to have her hair relaxed recently, but she decided she didn't really need one, except on her edges. Well, they did that, but guess what??!! They had the nerve to charge her almost the full amount of a regular touchup!! She paid $70.00 instead of $78.50. She said she would never go there again!!
laugh.gif
I told her she better do it herself next time!!
smile.gif

yeah, i've done this before. i'll usually just keep it on my edges for about 5mins at the most to prevent any thinning. also, i don't smooth the area. i just apply the relaxer (mild) with a coloring brush and rinse and wash it out after a few minutes.

sometimes you just need a smooth hair-line to complete a style rather than a full head touch-up

It's called a halo and its necessary if you have a short hairstyle..

The stylist perms along ur hairline as well as the back..

Back