Naturals:What Do You Use To Make A Puff?

MizzBrit

headbands?scafs? leg stockings? i've recently just tried a new way to hold my puff(with a scarf or leg stockings) and i love it..im mad i haven't used them sooner..plus it seems more gentler on my hair compared to a headband.sometime when i take the headbands off..it snags a bit or i have a lil breakage.i use the goody OUCHLESS bands that i double wrap around my neck.i also have to have a certain bigness to my puffs or i wont wear it.(hey im picky:rolleyes:) the stocking keeps my puff big no matter how shrunk my hair will get...soo i might transfer over to them as my staple.
anyway, what do you use and why?

Last edited:
I use a long nylon black dress sock. (it was used for the puff in my siggy)

I had to stretch it well before I first wore it, but know its perfect. The pantyhouse seemed to slide too easily down my head.

I use panty hose and it works really well for my puffs. Doesn't pull or snag like headbands usually do lol.

This is a revelation! I never like how my puffs look. They always look too small. I need to try this with pantyhose or tights!

But can some of you ladies who do this describe exactly how its done? I can't picture it....?:look:

I use a pre-stretched goody headband soaked in oil or conditioner. I don't do puffs much anymore though.

GREAT IDEA! I loved using the headbands but hated the tangles. yeah, i don't puffs that much either - they always lead to tangles and knots :perplexed

I need to try this with pantyhose or tights!

But can some of you ladies who do this describe exactly how its done? I can't picture it....?:look:

How do you use pantyhose/stockings to make a puff?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN74LPuMVe4
thats a pretty decent tutorial
(for future reference, youtube usually has a tutorial for most hairstyles, just type in the main words - in this case, pantyhose and puff - and something revelant usually comes up. HTH :grin: )

I use Knee Highs - cut in strips.... To make a puff, I use a Phony one. I never put my hair through the puff anymore. No one ever knows.

headbands?scafs? leg stockings? i've recently just tried a new way to hold my puff(with a scarf or leg stockings) and i love it..im mad i haven't used them sooner..plus it seems more gentler on my hair compared to a headband.sometime when i take the headbands off..it snags a bit or i have a lil breakage.i use the goody OUCHLESS bands that i double wrap around my neck.i also have to have a certain bigness to my puffs or i wont wear it.(hey im picky:rolleyes:) the stocking keeps my puff big no matter how shrunk my hair will get...soo i might transfer over to them as my staple.
anyway, what do you use and why?

I do it two ways - with the double wrapping the headband around my neck like you (learned that from Afashionslave's fotki) and a skinny satin/silly scarf.

The reason I never got into the leg stockings was because nappies were reporting breakage in that area from use, so I left it alone.

I use a headband thats stretched out and I double loop it and I use clips to kept it from rolling up and making the puff smaller.

Leg stocking rip out my hair still so I'm still on the search for a perfect puff holder. I don't plan to be wearing one for awhile so I got time.

I use a technique I read about here that's called the perfect ponytail.
I use a homemade hair bungee (cut up pantyhose and 2 bobby pins).
I use one hand to hold my hair in a ponytail and the other to put in my homemade hair bungee.
It's easy, simple, and I am not fighting my hair and possibly causing breakage while I am trying to get it through loops or scootching and tightening a hair tie.
The relevant demonstration starts about 1:22.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_DvlUyLrNE

Back