Naturals: Stretching is no joke

that_1_grrrl

Okay, this whole week, I've been putting my hair in about 4-6 large twists to wash my hair and to put a hat on without messing up my hair.

And what a difference it has made in my hair! My hair is really thick and short which makes it hard to get product through all of my hair. Well, stretching my hair make it a lot easier to do that. I've also noticed that shed hair just falls out normally instead of getting tangled up in my hair.

So, I apologize for ignoring all you naturals who praise stretching. It's the best advice I could give to another natural.

I'm not natural yet, but I will be trying this while I'm transitioning and fully natural. Thanks for posting. What do you mean by not messing up your hair when you put a hat on? Is it as a protective style?

I stretch my hair by using flexirods and I let it air dry. It really helps, plus I haven't used heat to dry my hair for over a year now.

I'm not natural yet, but I will be trying this while I'm transitioning and fully natural. Thanks for posting. What do you mean by not messing up your hair when you put a hat on? Is it as a protective style?

Well, when I put on a hat, my hair gets all smooshed and shaped weird. I put it in twists to keep some shape to it.

Okay, this whole week, I've been putting my hair in about 4-6 large twists to wash my hair and to put a hat on without messing up my hair.

And what a difference it has made in my hair! My hair is really thick and short which makes it hard to get product through all of my hair. Well, stretching my hair make it a lot easier to do that. I've also noticed that shed hair just falls out normally instead of getting tangled up in my hair.

So, I apologize for ignoring all you naturals who praise stretching. It's the best advice I could give to another natural.

GAWD UR HAIR IS PRETTY!

Good for you... There aint nothing wrong with stretchig natural hair. That's the beauty of our natural hair, it's strong and resillent as long as you take good care of it.

Back