Naturals- How get less tangles

cmesweet

THE TITLE SHOULD BE- How to get less tangles...

Hey naturals!

Lately I had been getting tangles or single strand knots on the end of my box braids.

But now, I have less.

I viewed this site=====> http://biracialhair.org/Welcome.html

and used her technique.:notworthy

I washed my hair yesterday. Left on the conditioner. But wait, that is not the technique that I believed stop my tangles!

Teri mentions on her site to braid the hair and then towards the end use the 2-strand twist method. At first, I was like, " yeah right, that will not be working on my head." But it did! I washed my hair yesterday morning, put in random box braids with 2 strand-twisted ends to air dry and today I just took them down. They are much easier to seperate and no sign of knoting or tangling.

Ya'll need to try this!!! Tell me how it goes for ya.

No more braiding all the way to the ends for me!!!:woot:

Last edited:
Thank you for this post. ITA with her method (have done this many times before). However, the only thing I do differently now is to twist my hair into big fat twists instead of braiding then twisting (using castor oil+leave-in) and airdry overnight. Makes everything so much easier :grin:

I might try that.

My originial plan was to do small box braids all over, I just got lazy and decided to leave these in.

But I know as naturals, we want to know how to get less or the fewest possible knots. I had no idea about this method and I will be using it regularly.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I refuse to use combs to take my braids down:nono:. The tangles I am mentioning are located right where you braid your hair to the end. Usually it is caused by hair strands wrapping itself around each other.

I don't know how people can wash their braids. Mine lock immediately right I wash them. So this is a great solution for me.

Thanks, i have this same problem when takeing out my braids, i am going to try this today i am washing my hair as we speak
also i wanted to add that what helps me with my tangles and breakage are the dominican rinses my hair is so easy to comb thru they have helped me to retain length

A few weeks ago I started doing this method of 2 strand twisting at the end of each braid when braiding my hair and I noticed that my ends did not knot and I am retaining my ends. It is funny how simple little changes can lead to further progress.

THE TITLE SHOULD BE- How to get less tangles...

Hey naturals!

Lately I had been getting tangles or single strand knots on the end of my box braids.

But now, I have less.

I viewed this site=====> http://biracialhair.org/Welcome.html

and used her technique.:notworthy

I washed my hair yesterday. Left on the conditioner. But wait, that is not the technique that I believed stop my tangles!

Teri mentions on her site to braid the hair and then towards the end use the 2-strand twist method. At first, I was like, " yeah right, that will not be working on my head." But it did! I washed my hair yesterday morning, put in random box braids with 2 strand-twisted ends to air dry and today I just took them down. They are much easier to seperate and no sign of knoting or tangling.

Ya'll need to try this!!! Tell me how it goes for ya.

No more braiding all the way to the ends for me!!!:woot:

I don't seem to have tangles when I braid all the way to the end. But I found it interesting that she does this because I do that to my bangs, but not because I knew it prevents knots and tangles, I just find I get a neater end when I twist the ends than when I just braid. Braiding the ends of my bangs leaves them fanning out. Twists give a pointed neat end.

A few weeks ago I started doing this method of 2 strand twisting at the end of each braid when braiding my hair and I noticed that my ends did not knot and I am retaining my ends. It is funny how simple little changes can lead to further progress.

Yes, isn't it funny. This simple change has made a great difference. I had been wondering what to do, and the this is the answer for me.

Thanks, i have this same problem when takeing out my braids, i am going to try this today i am washing my hair as we speak
also i wanted to add that what helps me with my tangles and breakage are the dominican rinses my hair is so easy to comb thru they have helped me to retain length

Glad someone could relate.

I don't usually have a problem with tangles, except for during take down.

Ok, I love her method. Love it. I tried yesterday, and today... It really works for me.

I really appreciate this link. Thanks so much!!!

Yes, I left my conditioner in the first night. I used too much and I had to adjust it the amount the second night. I rinsed this morning and smoothed the conditioner in, then I rinsed wtih cool water, quite a few times. I smoothed in some GD leave in and QB detangler, and my hair is soft and chill today.

im not a natural but my hair tanlges like hell whenever i wash it. I plan on using some of her teqniques:yep:

Last edited:
Never get knots, never get tangles. I keep my hair moisturized 24/7. I only handle it while wet(as far as combing). The comb always goes through to the ends. Don't really know why I've been lucky at that, but I'm thankful. I have hair textures in the 4 zone too.

I started doing that technique about a month ago. Out of necessity.

Because I am transitioning my ends are much thinner thar the rest of my thick-um roots So when I braid or cornrow, by the time I'm at the end I make out better with 2 strands instead of 3.

I don't seem to have tangles when I braid all the way to the end. But I found it interesting that she does this because I do that to my bangs, but not because I knew it prevents knots and tangles, I just find I get a neater end when I twist the ends than when I just braid. Braiding the ends of my bangs leaves them fanning out. Twists give a pointed neat end.

Indeed my fringe sister!:grin:

I do this, too, and it has helped. However, twisting it altogether and not braiding it at all has been even better for me. Another great tip I've been using is sectioning my hair when I wash and condish. This has worked wonders for me. I get almost no tangles and only a few knots with this method...

Back