Naturals, especially 3b/c I need help on 2 strand twists

moda

What do you use to keep your twists from unravelling? It was never a problem for me before because I only kept the twists long enough to get a twistout but now that I want to wear twists my hair is not cooperating. Any product or technique recos? I used the twist & loc gel on these twists, I have lost about 2 rows of twists and now the back is just a twistout after a few days

I had dreams of wearing these for 2 weeks and then redoing them :ohwell:

When you are twisting, what do you do at the bottom? I don't really keep twists in that long, but I always wrap the ends around my finger and use some kind of natural butter to smooth the hair over my finger. Then I gently take my finger out so it forms a curl on the end. Is that what you do? My twist will unravel if I don't do that or if they are either too big or too small. Have you tried experimenting with twisting when your hair is wet and then when it is dry? You might get a different result. Also, what are you doing with it at night? I have to put something on my head if I want to keep twists.

Wish I could help more. Two weeks...I HIGHLY doubt my hair would stay twisted for that long. If you are able to manage it, please post to say what you did.

Your hair is beautiful, btw!

You can braid the very end of the twists and also when I had twists I had to redo the top and front every day.
Unfortunately my hair is too thin to look good with twists.
It looks like I have about 10 twists.:look:

I have the exact same problem when I twist my hair. I get the most lasting results when I twist wet or very damp hair with some of my favorite gel, Fantasia IC with Sparkelites, especially at the tips. The blue one seems to give a firmer hold. I have not yet been able to get my twists to last for more than a week unless I retwist them.

Thanks for all the recos ladies! I was thinking maybe I should have twisted on wet hair for longer lasting results. I'll just have to accept the fact that they won't last 2 weeks especially when I try to cowash and lose every twist in my head :eek: I will try bigger ones so it doesn't take as long to do

If I really want to make sure that they don't come loose, I'll spritz the ends with distilled water and rub a little Aveda Elixir on them. This forms really curly ends for me that won't unravel until I take them down!

BTW Cincy, your hair is beautiful! You were one of the original albums I visited that made me long for natural hair!

When I first cut off my relaxed ends, I used to have to wear tiny rods at the ends. After awhile, my hair got used to being twisted so I didn't need them anymore. I find that my hair holds the ends when wet or damp.

Cichelle said:
When you are twisting, what do you do at the bottom? I don't really keep twists in that long, but I always wrap the ends around my finger and use some kind of natural butter to smooth the hair over my finger. Then I gently take my finger out so it forms a curl on the end. Is that what you do? My twist will unravel if I don't do that or if they are either too big or too small. Have you tried experimenting with twisting when your hair is wet and then when it is dry? You might get a different result. Also, what are you doing with it at night? I have to put something on my head if I want to keep twists.

Wish I could help more. Two weeks...I HIGHLY doubt my hair would stay twisted for that long. If you are able to manage it, please post to say what you did.

Your hair is beautiful, btw!

This is what I do...and the smaller your twists are the longer they stay. When I want them to last long I pin them up into a crazy complicated looking up do. I do that usually after they have been in for about 3-4 days....everyone seems to like it. I dont keep them in longer than a week though.

Thanx CBS! I was thinkig about posting a thread about this. I was never able to master two stand twists when I was natural. I will work on it now while transitioning.:D

Back