Natural who WEAVE, Get in Here!

KiSseS03

Hi ladies! I need some advice!

I am (I think) a 4a natural with hair that is about jaw length to armpit length. I am going on vacation in about 2 weeks and want a complete new look!

I have never worn weave (unless you count braids) so I'm lost. I would like something around shoulder or APL, that is wavy and looks realistic (like a braid-out).

My main concern is how to blend my own hair with the weave, is this possible? I've heard of weaves that cover all of your hair... but once again I want it to look realistic, and I can't fathom how this can be achieved...

Tell me EVERYTHING! Good, bad and ugly!! Thanks in advance!

You should probably get all your hair covered. It's going to be hard to blend your hair with a wavy weave. Even when I was able to find curls close to my texture I had a hard time because the weave hair was shiny and my hair is not. And of course my hair was shorter than the weave so there were these short random curls sitting on top the weave around the part. The only way I could get it to work was gel my hair while it was wet and if I didn't get it exactly right you could tell or it would come ungelled by the end of the day. It was the biggest pain in the butt ever. :ohwell: I unded up wearing a head band most days and taking it out after a week or two.

^^^^^ agreeing with Bmoreflyygirl.... This is probably where I went wrong with natural hair and relaxed. I always left the front out and it broke off, no matter what I did. So I would take the weave diva's advice and get the whole thing done..a little bang would be cute!

I want a weave...

:) Ya I'm just going to go into braids for next three months then I'm going into a curlyy short full weave. I need 6 more inchs to reach my 12 inch goal for the year

I agree-when i was natural (4b) and wore sewins---I got a full head weave, all my hair braided and under the weave.

I wore wavy (wet n wavy) and straight hair in a chineese bob--luved it!

I am a 4a and wear weaves as a protective style. I always do a complete sew-in with no hair exposed. Hope this help.

Ok thanks!

So the consensus is, cover up the whole thing...

Does anyone have any pictures of this with wavy hair? I'm not tryin' to look like Rick James with some curly bangs lol... ladies make me look good!

KiSseS03 said:
Ok thanks!

So the consensus is, cover up the whole thing...

Does anyone have any pictures of this with wavy hair? I'm not tryin' to look like Rick James with some curly bangs lol... ladies make me look good!

I have nothing to add but :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: to the bolded statement.

I would go with the whole head . Especially if you want a break. If I leave the top out I do have to do a braid out on my own hair. Not too bad since I just leave a little out. To avoid the Rick james look you can leave the bangs on the long side with some layering. Good luck

I'm doing a weave soon too, but I leave some hair out. I tested some cheap hair out the other day, and found a way to blend my own hair. I'm also a big headband and headscarf wearer, so that helps. I do not like closures or full hair weaves for myself. They do look nicer, are more healthy, and less work, but they scream WEAVE because there is no natural part.

I have a picture of my wavy/curly hair with bangs. Its on my comp at home. I can post it for you later. Actually you know what it might be in my fotki in the June folder.

Oy... I'm soooo undecided. I'm just not convinced that a wavy bang will be cute, I'm getting this done TOMORROW night ladies, so tell me quickly, what do you think about just pressing the little piece in the front?!

I wear curly weaves with my hair out in the front, sides and the back. I think it blends with my hair pretty well. I personally prefer weaves with at least some of your hair out.

Kisses I know what you mean about the bang. If it's not done right, It'll look off. Here's a picture of mines from earlier this summer:

CIMG1150.jpg

Maybe you can gel the part that's left out down. I did that before. Or two strand twist it when you go to bed and then take it out and blend it in the morning.

BMORE! Thanks sooo much!

Ok.. truthfully those bangs are a bit short (for me I meant lol, I have a longer forehead) hahahah... not quite Rick James though so you're good! lol

What kind of hair is that? I LOOVE it!

Last edited:
BMORE! Thanks sooo much!

Ok.. truthfully those bangs are a bit short (for me I meant lol, I have a longer forehead) hahahah... not quite Rick James though so you're good! lol

What kind of hair is that? I LOOVE it!

Thanks... Its Sensationnel Goddess Remi French Wave 14. It's a little more pricey than regular BSS hair but it's worth it. This is the 3rd summer in a row that I've had it. I usually wear it for about 6 weeks at a time. It doesn't require a lot of products to tame it and you can wash it as much as you want and it'll still look good. I usually reuse mines for 3 weaves before I throw it out. Regular curly/wavy bss hair always matts on me and looks a HAM by the 3rd wash.

I went back and sewed the bang in after I had been wearing a headband for a week because I sewed it up too far to the front (when i got to the ear i should have started going in a circle) and I didn't feel like taking it back down. But it worked out. You can have them sew it in a circle. (the lady at the shop did it like that for me once and then she separated the front and it looked unnatural. I should have just cut the bang in. That's why I tried the bang this time.) Then once all your hair was covered cut the bang in the front with a razor so the ends look natural. I brushed the bang part with a paddle brush when it was dry so it would puff up a bit and not look like it was slicked to my forehead ala Rick James. :lol:

Thanks girl! You're my weave goddess! lol... hopefully the salon lady can make me look cute and diva-ish like you! THANKS AGAIN!

Back