Natural Ladies - Rods?

MsKipani

Hi Girls,
I'm pretty new to the forum. I'm a natural but I wear my hair straight. I'm thinking about giving it a break from the heat and wearing my curly fro. I think my hair is between a 3 and 4a in some parts.
Do any of you natural ladies set your curls in rods to give them a neater look? If yes, any pics? I'm trying to think of ways to wear my hair natural but not crazy at the same time :perplexed!
Thx!

I am natural but I normally wear my hair in a wash n go.

I went to the salon this week for a trim and I had her put my hair in some rods. It looked pretty when she did them. It didn't look that much different than my natural except the rods gave my hair a uniform all over curl. Two days later, it looks okay. I can't wait to wash my hair so my curls can come back. I miss them.

I did mines last week and it turned out alright. I think the pics are in my fotki. If not I'll have to post them when I get home.

I am natural but I normally wear my hair in a wash n go.

I went to the salon this week for a trim and I had her put my hair in some rods. It looked pretty when she did them. It didn't look that much different than my natural except the rods gave my hair a uniform all over curl. Two days later, it looks okay. I can't wait to wash my hair so my curls can come back. I miss them.

I felt the same way. I washed it out the next day. I think I'm going to use a bigger rod next time.

I don't know if this is what you're referring to, but I have a few pics of a flexirod set in my album.

Back