NATURAL DISASTER

Casarela

Hi Ladies, yesterday I attended my cousins wedding tried to rollerset my hair and was caught up in time so I skipped the roller set and applied heat protectant and blow dried my natural hair and my hair didnt come out straight it came out looking like a huge semi straight fro. Than I re-applied heat protectant and used my flat iron still looked frizzy but I managed to get my hair in a nice rolled bun updo . Now I did a coconut pre poo...and DC....my hair is messed up... I dont get that slippery anymore...like my hair feels mushy. HELP!!! I want my softness back not that spongy feeling...what am I to do now?

mushy hair = over moisturized right?

i would try some protein to see if that corrected the balance...

i am sure others will chime with their ideas....

HTH

I agree, your hair sounds like its overmoisturized. I would cut back on the moisturizing first and if your hair still feels mushy you could try a light protien.

Sounds like your hair is craving protein, I was having the same problem last week, I DC'ed w/ eggs and mayo for 30 minutes and my hair was right as rain.

HTH

Protein stat! Mayo/Honey & your oil of choice (I like EVOO for DT's) if more protein is needed I would add an egg. Let us know how quickly your hair recovers!

Alright , so I got up and my fro feels like straw . Um I was wondering I got this blue redken bottle conditionner apparently its filled with protein maybe I should use that or try the recipee above the eggs and oil ....AGHHHHH I hate being in this position.

sounds like you already had a bunch of heat protectant on your hair, then you added a pre-poo on top of that... maybe that's what made your hair spazz out?

i say wash again (or clarify if you think it's a lot of buildup), condition (not DC) and see how your hair responds. kind of a "clean slate"... if it's still mushy after that you probably need protein.

I just washed with my creme of nature shampoo and yes my hair feels better but it seems like i have certan patches of hair where the ends are deadly straight like 2 inches on straight hair now in my mind thats what we call damaged ends its seems like lot of them are knotting together :( i really dont want to cut my hair . I did spray some infusium on my ends and some where reverting but others are just hanging straight.oN TOP PF THAT SPONGY FEELING thats somewhat fading away ...I had to notice damaged ends...I really dont get it my hair was SO NOT STRAIGht and ive abused that heat protectant sorry I had to vent Now I put my hair in a bun . ( To put that hair in a bun was I fighting with my hair to detangle it? ....im not going to go into the details. one word: AWFUL)

Back