My Two Strand Twists

NaturalJael

Tonight I did a protein treatment. I clarified with Kinky Curly Come Clean, applied ApHogee 2 Step and moisturized with the Balancing Moisturizer Conditioner. I styled in twists to air dry. I live hiw my hair feels after a protein treatment- buttery soft!

What type of protein treatment do you use?

image-4290425621.jpg

Love your twist shot! They look juicy and soft. Your hair looks great in your avatar too.

NappyNelle said:
Love your twist shot! They look juicy and soft. Your hair looks great in your avatar too.

My avatar is a flat twist out. I wanted to do flat twist for a twist out but it was late and I was concerned that my hair would not completely dry so I did 2 strands instead :(

BraunSugar said:
Very thick twists! I like Ultra Sheen Duo Tex Protein Conditioner as a PT.

I'm going to look it up. I like Aphogee but it takes to long for me... I always get great results, though.

Very pretty!

I have to stick with light proteins like AO GPB and yogurt and faux protein like henna and Roux Porosity Control.

greenandchic said:
Very pretty!

I have to stick with light proteins like AO GPB and yogurt and faux protein like henna and Roux Porosity Control.

I use ApHogee 2 Step. AO GPB is good I've used it before.

Very pretty.

I use Curl Junkie Repair Me. I consider it a medium protein treatment, a little goes a long way and, because it is formulated so well, I don't need to use a moisturizing DC after using it so it saves me time.

Ogoma said:
Very pretty.

I use Curl Junkie Repair Me. I consider it a medium protein treatment, a little goes a long way and, because it is formulated so well, I don't need to use a moisturizing DC after using it so it saves me time.

No moisturizing conditioner afterwards, huh...? Interesting, I'm adding this to my list as well.

very pretty twists, they look like 3 strand twists.

I don't even use protein how do you know if you need it? or should everyone be using it at some point or another. My hair seems to be fine without so maybe I don't need it? I don't know though

tiffjust2002 said:

I don't even use protein how do you know if you need it? or should everyone be using it at some point or another. My hair seems to be fine without so maybe I don't need it? I don't know though

Thanks tiffjust2002!
A general rule of thought is that if your hair is mushy or stretchy that protein is needed. However, I have experimented with protein because if my 15 week personal challenge back in Nov 2011. I use protein treatments to help full in the gaps from the missing protein along the hair strand. I believe this helps retain length because it keeps the hair strand whole and intact. I tried it because I didn't feel as if the homemade ones that I used was going to attach to the strand or fill in the gaps. So I tried it and my hair was BuTTER!!!

Now my hair wasn't breaking or anything but we all have some degree if damage from combing, wear and tear or environmental. So I used it based on the thought that.

Last edited:

If you aren't experiencing any problems, then hold on the protein. As the previous poster stated, watch for signs that you need to protein.

Every head does not need protein treatments. So unless your hair is damaged in some way, you may not need it.

Back