My take-out-braid process

eboniwoman

lil bunny
My take-out-braid process (pics)

Hello ladies...I believe this is like my second "create a thread" post. I just wanted to share some pictures of the gruelling process of taking out my braids. It took like two days, my arms hurt, and I was feeling the need to get out of the house. I had these braids in for about three months....one month longer than I originally wanted but work got ahold of me so I had no time off. Now they are finally done. For those who aren't familar with me I am eboniwoman 4a. with 3c parts (natural). Thanks for taking the time to view my album.

http://public.fotki.com/eboniwoman/

No password needed for the moment.

Last edited:
Re: My take-out-braid process (pics)

girl, you know i blew up the comments! :lol: looks good! your hair is so long!! i took mine out this past weekend, but im gonna try your way next time (hopefully i will be puttin some braids in this weekend and actually making it to a month! :lol: )

Thanks Shatani...I appreciate you looking at my album....you have some of the prettiest natural hair that I have ever seen!

After spending practically two days taking that out...I think I am done with braids for a long time. The last time I had braids was back in 1995. I wore kinky twists in 2003 and they were a breeze to take out. So maybe I will get kinky twists before I ever get braids again...and the weren't even the micro braids...I could only image the drama to take those puppies out. LOL

Hi eboniwoman. I just took a look at your album and you and your hair are absolutely gorgeous. You have the same texture and thickness as my hair so I can relate with you on that one. Taking down braids can be a pain in its own but what I do that works great for me is that I wash my braids, apply a liquid leave-in and proceed to take them out. For me, my braids just slip out with no problem. I also don't leave my braids in for a long period of time. Normally I wear them for 1-2 weeks max then re-do them. I find that way my edges stay full and I have less breakage and shedding.

Hair length as of June 2005: 1 1/2 in. past bra strap (when blown out)
Hair type and texture: 4b thick and course
Hair goal: 5 inches past bra strap by Dec. 2005
http://public.fotki.com/Diane71/ pics coming in July!

Thanks Diane...hmmmm maybe I will try that next time. SLipping right out huh...hmmm sounds interesting....lol.

Well I am just feeling strange right now because I still have this conditoner in my hair and I don't wanna wash because I know that my hair is weak and using heat to straighten it for a quick style is a no-no so I am stuck looking like whoppi for the moment.

Thanks deedabug...since Oct 1999. I gradually cut. One month I would chop off 3 inches and then the next month nothing...I did it like that. I wish I would have BC because it was a grueling process...lol

I love your hair!!!! I think we have very similar hair types as well. You were way more meticuous than I was when I took out my braids- that's a good thing since you probably didn't lose hair like I did. I'm similarly off of the whole braid with extensions thing for awhile.

Thanks kristina!!!

I wanted to take my time when taking it out because I worked so hard in the last 6 years of transitioning...lol

I had mostly shedding.

Do you ladies have any suggestions as to what I could do to my hair?

I am on a no heat challenge plus my hair takes forever to dry...Man I hope this won't be day three being stuck in the house. I am so sick of braid-outs and twist-outs.

eboniwoman said:
Thanks Shatani...I appreciate you looking at my album....you have some of the prettiest natural hair that I have ever seen!

After spending practically two days taking that out...I think I am done with braids for a long time. The last time I had braids was back in 1995. I wore kinky twists in 2003 and they were a breeze to take out. So maybe I will get kinky twists before I ever get braids again...and the weren't even the micro braids...I could only image the drama to take those puppies out. LOL
awww, thanks!!! youre real high up on my list too!

mine were kinky twists and it still took to doggone long to take down! but i do a lot a braids, even when i dont plan or mean to....they werent super small, but it was just so many!

i have never actually had micros because i have NO intention of takin them things down!!! rediculous! the day i get micros is the day i make the decision to just shave my head! :lol:

hey chiquita, what did you end up doing with your hair??

when i dont feel like styling my hair, i just let it be....shake and go all the way! thats why i have my trusty ouchless headbands :D

LOL.....

Well I finally washed the conditioner out and just wore it shake n go....with an ouchless headband!!! That is funny you wrote that because I am just now getting back to you and that was what my hair was on....the, "shake and go vibe!" LOL

But now it looks like a bird's nest...yuck!!

yeah, mine looks pretty to' up right now too....i put too much junk in...cuz as i was just taking sections to twist i got covered in dried product!!! i look like i was out in the snow! :lol:

not often at all....ive only used my maxiglide twice....and before that, it had been two years....and now im on the challenge, so no heat til december!

Honestly I am daying over here. My boyfriend hasn't seen my hair straight in like 5 months.....

Do you like your maxiglide? Man Shatani.....seriously though I use heat once a month but lately....well since these braids have come down...I WANNA USE IT SOO BADLY but I am on a not heat challenge to because I know it's the death of my hair if I use it......(bites her nails)

i know how you feel girl....for a little while there last month, i was DYING to straighten my hair!!! it was rough! even now i want to buy a blow dryer so i can blow it out and trim it....but im going to refrain...i can do this dammit! :lol:

i LOOOOOOOOOVE my maxiglide!!! love it to pieces! its the best thing ever! but heat isnt so great for my hair either....so, its best i avoid it....

Thanks girl...I appreciate yah big time!!! I am just gonna get up in the morning and rinse my hair really well and start all over again.

(I am gonna get a maxiglide though....don't tell anyone!) LOL

eboniwoman said:
Thanks girl...I appreciate yah big time!!! I am just gonna get up in the morning and rinse my hair really well and start all over again.

(I am gonna get a maxiglide though....don't tell anyone!) LOL
secret's safe with me! :D

Back