my scalp is on fire!!!

L.Brown1114

i boguht the taliah waajid protective mist bodifier but i bought the medicated kind because i am getting micros soon and my scalp gets drier when i wear them due to it being exposed more with the parts.

i just washed my hair and tried it out as a leave in and my scalp is on fire!! im not sure if this is normal or not, like with the Dr. miracles. at first it felt refreshing and then it went down hill, i had to wash it out!!

has anyone else experience this??

this product is not all natural...i've looked at the ingredients in the store and put it back down....rewash your hair to get it off your scalp...pass it off to a friend or something. form my understanding the ingredients changed some time ago.

there shouldnt be, its suppose to be all natural

i was using my comb and scraping my scalp to get all the glue out of my hair from my sew in.

That could be why the product was burning. You know how it goes. Too much scratching can irritate your scalp making it more vulnerable when products are applied.. for example...like..a relaxer

Or

Maybe you have an allergic reaction to it.
And you using Hair Glue:spank:

:lol:

That could be why the product was burning. You know how it goes. Too much scratching can irritate your scalp making it more vulnerable when products are applied.. for example...like..a relaxer

Or

Maybe you have an allergic reaction to it.
And you using Hair Glue:spank:

:lol:

i know, i know!! it was for an invisible part and i didnt think about it :sad:
no wonder my scalp was burning
i dont have any allergies to anything

southerncitygirl
L.Brown1114

Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier....it sounds like a loud smelling complex body spray. :perplexed :lol:

Some oils (like tea tree oil) can help with soothing and replenishing your scalp to good health.
Or let your scalp rest for a while so it can recuperate.

Last edited:
Never scratch your scalp and then apply product to it. An irritated scalp will just inflame, as you have learned.

is there anything in the ingredients that you may cause an allergic reaction?

there shouldnt be, its suppose to be all natural

You can have an allergic reaction to all-natural product. Just like food allergies...

@prettyinpurple you took the words right out of my mouth. I was just coming to tell her that.

Were you scratching prior to application??

i was using my comb and scraping my scalp to get all the glue out of my hair from my sew in.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the scratching and also glue make me feel all queasy.

@southerncitygirl
@L.Brown1114

Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier....it sounds like a loud smelling complex body spray. :perplexed :lol:

Some oils (like tea tree oil) can help with soothing and replenishing your scalp to good health.
Or let your scalp rest for a while so it can recuperate.

Be careful with tea tree oil. I wouldn't use it on an open wound, and scratches can leave tears like crazy. It'd burn like crazy.

SIDE EFFECTS AND CAUTIONS [of Tea Tree Oil]

It may be noted that the tea tree oil should never be used on the skin where there is any open wound - like in the case of broken skin or places influenced by rashes not owing to fungus. Besides, if the tea tree oil comes in contact with the eye, nose, mouth or any other tender body parts it may cause a burning sensation. It is necessary to seek the advice of physicians before applying tea tree oil as many people may suffer from allergies after using it. Application of tea tree oil might also lead to rashes and itching of the skin. Hence it is advised that when using the tea tree oil for the first time, only small amounts of it must be applied. Here is a word of caution: tea tree oil should never be used internally.
(Source)

Back