MY PLEASANT SURPRISE: KNOTS? KNOT TODAY!

Naturelle

I have been weary of Kinky-Curly products ever since I went to a salon last year summer and had them put that KCCC in my hair. It was hard ful of cute curls but hard.

I've thought about revisting the product but was like "For what? My IC Fantasia is just as good for 1/3 the cost". But I was getting tired of prodcuts with chemicals and on a quest to find more natural products for my hair.

Anyway, I've been looking for a good creamy leavin conditioner with mostly natural ingredients. As I walked into my fav BSS, I saw the Knot Today and decided to give it a try. I thought it was going to be watery in consistency, but imagine my pleasant surprise when I read that it was creamy, had natural ingredients and smelled divine.

Sunday was wash day, so I went through my regular wash and dc routine and took out each individual twist applied the Knot Today, Oyin Whipped and twisted that bad boy up. Hair is feeling like silk. (It may have helped that a few days before I took down the individual twists and applied shea butter only, but whatev). Love Knot Today. I believe it's all nautral too. So I'm more inclined to try KCCC again; I believe they just used way too much that fateful day in the salon.

I'm excited because I'm getting closer to finding my staple products:
  • Shampoo - Castille Soap (peppermint & hemp right now), Taliah Waajid (sp?) Pre Shampoo Cleanser; V05 Conditioner (w/ and w/o baking soda)
  • Deep Conditioner - Long Lovely Locks Green Tea Gloss (will stop cause lady is asking for way too much money for such a littler bottle of bliss); will start to use Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner (will let y'all know how that one goes)
  • LeaveIn - Knot Today (creamy); Aloe Vera, Glycerin, Distilled/Rose H2O (watery)
  • Moisturizer - Oyin Whipped Butter (until I can easily access Qhemet); Shea Butter; Avocado Butter
  • Oils/Sealants - Castor Oil/JBCO (finally picked some up); Coconut Oil; Shea Butter
  • Others - H2O (rinse and drink), ACV, Yogurt Treatment, Ayurvedic Herbs, Vitamins, Coffee (rinse), Tea (drink)

ETA:
  • Growth Aids - Curls Champagne, Mega-Tek, MN (not really staples, however they are incorporated in the regimen)
Any of you ladies had surprising great success with prodcuts you weren't certain or never heard of?

Last edited:
I didn't plan on trying Knot Today, just the KCCC. Boy am I glad I did. It's wonderful for tangles. I believe this is due to the slippery elm root. So far it's the best conditioner for me for detangling.

I like Knot Today too. If you experienced hard curls with KCCC, Knot Today under it will definitly help. I like your staples, good picks! Some of them I am still waiting to try.

Right I'm still working with the KCCC to get the right amount of product. I don't use it all the time. Right my goo combo is Chagrin Valley poo bar, Knot today, Elucence DC, Rinse, Hairveda Vatika then whipped jelly on ends, Brush back hair, dab of almond glaze on edges, hair tie.

I be smellin' good uryday!

from curlmart:

Ingredients: Mango fruit extract, slipper elm, marshmallow root, lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol and natural fragrance.

Last edited:
from curlmart:

Ingredients: Mango fruit extract, slipper elm, marshmallow root, lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol and natural fragrance.

I've read that even in small doses this can be harmful. Never knew that until today. I've never tried KCKT.

http://thegreenbeautyguide.com/?p=169
However, several animal studies clearly demonstrate toxicity of phenoxyethanol, which causes damaging effects on the brain and the nervous system, even at moderate concentrations. As a cosmetic ingredient, phenoxyethanol is restricted in Japan and the European Union. Even the U.S. EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) data sheets show “chromosomal changes and genetic mutation effects in testing as well as testicular atrophy and reproductive damage in mice.”

In cosmetic formulations, phenoxyethanol is used to kill bacteria and stabilize the formulation. It’s often combined with polyquaterniums to balance its acidity.All the warnings, however, refer to concentrated phenoxyethanol when it’s swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through the skin of poor, helpless animals. Conventional chemists insist that phenoxyethanol is safe at lower doses, because in cosmetics the concentrations are typically 0.5% to 1%.

Now, what is 1% when it comes to a bottle of a lotion? 1% means 2 grams of pure 100% phenoxyethanol per 200 ml bottle of a lotion, a shampoo or a fragrance. It’s almost a teaspoonful! Does it make any difference if you rub it at once all over your body or you spread the damage and massage the toxin a drop at a time over a couple of months? It will end up inside your body in any case. Instead of a quick kill you simply opt for a slow kill, as Aubrey Hampton, the creator of Aubrey Organics, once said.

Back