My mom HATES me being on the HYH til' April fools challenge!!!

pistachio

It's kinda funny because my mom, sister, and I look out for each other, and if one of us feels like the other may be making a fashion faux pas, we'll tell them. I wore my hair out the other day, and used my "free pass", and my mom was like "Let me see your hair", so I turned around, and she was like "your hair is so long and nice. i'm glad you stopped wearing your hair up everyday like a old lady, and are actullay showing it off!" Some people would be offended by that, but I though it was funny because in her own little way, she thought she was saving me from walking out of the house looking silly!

How have friends/ family responded to you wearing your hair up everyday.

I don't care for the HYH challenges either. I am too impatient and I like to give updates and see other peoples updates often.:(

There are ways to make your updos more fun looking. I picked up one of those Mariah Carey butterfly hair pins when I was on vacation and it helped a lot. I'm sure your hair looked beautiful down though:)

My mom doesn't like it either...well, it's not that she doesn't like it but she just makes fun of me...

She'll call it "Hide Your Hair Until Cinco de Mayo" "Hide Your Hair Until Arbor Day" "Hide Your Hair Until Guy Fox Day".

pistachio said:
It's kinda funny because my mom, sister, and I look out for each other, and if one of us feels like the other may be making a fashion faux pas, we'll tell them. I wore my hair out the other day, and used my "free pass", and my mom was like "Let me see your hair", so I turned around, and she was like "your hair is so long and nice. i'm glad you stopped wearing your hair up everyday like a old lady, and are actullay showing it off!" Some people would be offended by that, but I though it was funny because in her own little way, she thought she was saving me from walking out of the house looking silly!

How have friends/ family responded to you wearing your hair up everyday.

I don't care what NO ONE thinks/says because I know it's helping my hair grow faster by keeping my ends moist. The same family members made fun of me last year talking about, I can't wear a ponytail everyday and yadda yadda yadda are the same one pawning over my hair now. I wore my hair in a braidout for Thanksgiving and errrbody was just feeling, stretching, and touching my hair commenting on how strong, long, and healthy it is. They was asking me what was I doing. I just said washing and deep conditioning. I tried to tell them last year when I was hyped to share my new found knowledge but they didn't want to hear it. Now they all up in my grill trying to get the 411 and coming over to my house to wash their hair(using my products) and flatironing with Maxi, cuz they know they aint taking her NOWHERE:D

AlexB7 said:
My mom doesn't like it either...well, it's not that she doesn't like it but she just makes fun of me...

She'll call it "Hide Your Hair Until Cinco de Mayo" "Hide Your Hair Until Arbor Day" "Hide Your Hair Until Guy Fox Day".

Momma Alex is cutting up:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

funny you should bring this up...

my sis has been complaining about her fusion weave always snagging on sweaters and coats, and getting messed up so she has to comb it all the time. i was like, "yeah, now you understand why so many long-haired ladies wear their hair up so often - to PROTECT IT!" :lol:

i'm just glad she actually gets it now... ;)

AlexB7 said:

This had me :lol:

yep, my boyfriend has asked me a few times why I wear my hair in "bald headed" hairstyles when I have hair? I told that I'm trying not to manipulate it as much to grow&keep the hair that I have. So I am going to start wearing a hair fall until May or so;)

tsmith said:
I don't care what NO ONE thinks/says because I know it's helping my hair grow faster by keeping my ends moist. The same family members made fun of me last year talking about, I can't wear a ponytail everyday and yadda yadda yadda are the same one pawning over my hair now. I wore my hair in a braidout for Thanksgiving and errrbody was just feeling, stretching, and touching my hair commenting on how strong, long, and healthy it is. They was asking me what was I doing. I just said washing and deep conditioning. I tried to tell them last year when I was hyped to share my new found knowledge but they didn't want to hear it. Now they all up in my grill trying to get the 411 and coming over to my house to wash their hair(using my products) and flatironing with Maxi, cuz they know they aint taking her NOWHERE:D

Okay! Secretly when people ask me "Why is you hair always in that ponytail" I want to scream "So it won't look like yours!":look:

Tsmith and LocksofLuv are off the chain!:lol: Now calm down gals.

*off to go and fix y'all a drink before y'all pimp slap somebody*:lol:

Locks, Im lovin' the new siggy.:)

LocksOfLuV said:
Okay! Secretly when people ask me "Why is you hair always in that ponytail" I want to scream "So it won't look like yours!":look:

LOL, i've actually said that to people back when i was a permie! i wore ponytails out of convenience and always heard comments like, "if i had hair that long, i'd get it done and walk around looking cute." i'd always tell them that's the main reason they didn't have any hair... cuz they were so busy frying it...

tsmith said:

LOL!!! :lol: I never put 2 & 2 together until I read your post. The same girls that thought I was nuts are now asking for tips and checking out fotiki albums.

AlexB7 said:

:lol:

My sister and one of our friends make fun of my "grandma bun" but compliment me when I wear my hair down. It wouldn't look as good when it's down and done if I didn't wear the trusty grandma bun every now and then though,lol.

shunta said:
Tsmith and LocksofLuv are off the chain!:lol: Now calm down gals.

*off to go and fix y'all a drink before y'all pimp slap somebody*:lol:

Locks, Im lovin' the new siggy.:)

Girl people get off the chain. But I would never say it unless they disrespected me.:grin: But thank you for the compliment!:)

ladylibra said:
LOL, i've actually said that to people back when i was a permie! i wore ponytails out of convenience and always heard comments like, "if i had hair that long, i'd get it done and walk around looking cute." i'd always tell them that's the main reason they didn't have any hair... cuz they were so busy frying it...

Oh Snaps!:lachen: I would have paid to see the looks on their faces.

Back