My Magic Rake Is Broken!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
IMG_1181.JPG :cry3:

I don't even know how it happened. I've had it for years. I have 4 other seamless combs but this is the only one with teeth this wide. This was my shampoo detangling comb. Hercules Sageman combs are very pricey. It's not in my budget right now to replace so it's either use this one or find a cheaper replacement. I don't want to use this one because the sharp broken edge would probably be damaging. Maybe I could possibly get someone to saw that broken tooth off? What do you guys think? Also if you know of any good cheaper seamless combs let me know.

Something similar happened with my of my beloved seamless comb that I got years ago from hair sense. I cried, tried to get a replacement but it had been discontinued so I had to let it go.

Could you not glue the broken piece back on? Or just save up for a new one?
Right now I'm looking into getting some combs from naturally Amber.

Something similar happened with my of my beloved seamless comb that I got years ago from hair sense. I cried, tried to get a replacement but it had been discontinued so I had to let it go.

Could you not glue the broken piece back on? Or just save up for a new one?
Right now I'm looking into getting some combs from naturally Amber.
I haven't come across the other piece yet. I can get a replacement I suppose but I honestly don't want to pay that much for a comb again. I loved it but maybe seams aren't so bad lol.

I have had mine for 9-10 years? I wonder what happened?
I expected to have it a life time lol. I've had some regular cheapie combs since I was a kid. I've dropped it in the shower a few times and it made terrible noises. I don't know if I dropped it and broke it but didn't notice until later or if someone else in my house did it.

OT: Are the tips of the teeth really sharp? As in, does it hurt your scalp if you're coming too closely?

OT: Are the tips of the teeth really sharp? As in, does it hurt your scalp if you're coming too closely?
No but I'm scared when combing my strands will be grazing against the sharp edges and causing damage. I already have fine split prone hair so I need to be careful.

I expected to have it a life time lol. I've had some regular cheapie combs since I was a kid. I've dropped it in the shower a few times and it made terrible noises. I don't know if I dropped it and broke it but didn't notice until later or if someone else in my house did it.

Same thing happened to me..dropping it in the shower...broke the exact way yours did.

I had to eventually break down and get another.

Black Friday is coming up, you can get another one slightly cheaper.

I would put a little fire to the broken tooth to smooth out any rough edges. Works like a charm!
That's what I did two months ago. Mine broke two teeth down from the handle. I was so upset.

The kitchen smelled bad after dipping it over the fire a few times, and I almost burned my fingers trying to smooth it over. I had to blow on it a bit to cool it down before touching it. It now looks like a pick, but it still gets the job done.

@Pokahontas I hope you can save it.

Magic Star Jumbo Rake
It is on sale for $19.50 right now!

I'm going to jump on this sale. I'm still keeping my DIY Magic Rake Pick. :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMAG1251_1.jpg
    IMAG1251_1.jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
That's what I did two months ago. Mine broke two teeth down from the handle. I was so upset.

The kitchen smelled bad after dipping it over the fire a few times, and I almost burned my fingers trying to smooth it over. I had to blow on it a bit to cool it down before touching it. It now looks like a pick, but it still gets the job done.

@Pokahontas I hope you can save it.

I'm going to jump on this sale. I'm still keeping my DIY Magic Rake Pick. :biggrin:
These combs are too expensive to be breaking like this. I'll keep you guys updated. I'm gonna try fire first.

I would NOT recommend Hairsense combs. I bought a few earlier this year and had a TERRIBLE experience with them. The only good thing was their customer service was fantastic, but the combs were awful.

I also purchased from Hotcombs.net. Their combs are MUCH better.

Did you check out Hairsense (Bone Combs)?

They have relatively inexpensive seamless combs and you could use it for a back up, if your sawing it down doesn't work.

Back